Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2006, 07:41 PM

Default A6o in BB, critique each street..

Villian is 10.9/.67/3

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Right here do you lead out or hope to c/r?

Turn: (6 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls.

After the flop I was thinking that villian had AJ+ maybe with a club trying to protect his hand... Now I have a feeling hes holding something else...

River: (12 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls.

So I make the nuts and c/r, i felt he atleast had A club here...

Final Pot: 16 BB
Old 04-19-2006, 09:34 PM

Default Re: A6o in BB, critique each street..

I like the flop bet/call.

I think I checkraise the turn unless he's passive (which he isn't). We don't hate being 3-bet since we're drawing to the near-nuts.

The river checkraise was beautiful
Old 04-19-2006, 10:04 PM

Flop: Against a field this large I'm going for a checkraise to protect my made hand. Leading out is giving everyone odds to call just about anything.

Turn: [ QUOTE ]
Now I have a feeling hes holding something else

[/ QUOTE ] This guy raises the flop, raises you again on the turn and doesn't cap after you donk bet the turn with the 3rd club on the board, I hope by "something else" you mean a hand that beats top pair. The way you played it, I think the turn donk is OK, but no way I'm 3-betting. I doubt this buy is bluff raising the turn and flop

River: This was the worst play you made in the hand. Just thank your lucky stars this guy had the guts to bet and call your FPS on the river. Just lead out and hope he calls after you 3-bet a turn and the 4th club comes on the river. What makes you think a guy is going to bet this scarry river card. Even if you get the opportunity to check/raise, I'm not sure he'd even call it, so you still end up with just 1 bet anyway.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:30 PM

Preflop: very standard. If you even think about raising 5 limpers from the BB with A6o, you're playing the wrong game.

Flop: Also standard. Your top pair may be good already, and you have that backdoor to the nut flush to bail you out if it's not. You do not want to c/r here, because first of all if nobody else hit the ace it's going to get checked through fairly often, second of all you have value in your bet for the reasons mentioned above, and third of all with no raise preflop you can't be sure where the bet (if any) will come from, so there's no telling if you end up protecting your hand or just sweetening the pot.

Turn: Always nice when you catch the absolute best card in the deck on the turn. I really like the bet/3-bet line here.

River: FPS, plain and simple. You are very, very fortunate that MP3 held AxK[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (am I right?) on this hand, because I think he either takes the free showdown or bet/folds any other hand he's got. Just bet, and hope you get raised.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:18 AM

I would have preferred checking the flop and trying to check-raise a late position bettor (if you thought someone would take a stab at it) to force some hands that could outdraw you to call 2 cold. Other than that I don't see anything that sticks out.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:49 PM

with this flop, if no one hit the A or has a strong draw it is getting checked through. On the river, yes it may have been lucky that he bet at it, but I really thought he had a strong flush and he seemed to be steaming a little about a prior beat so he may have bluffed at it...
Old 04-20-2006, 05:12 PM

*Grunch*

I like it, aside from the river. Bet out.

Just my 2c.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:31 PM

lol hey poet how did you like my retarded chip spewing when i first sat at your table on party today, that was gross, ive been playing too much HU lately
Old 04-20-2006, 07:28 PM

Flop: Obviously fine.

Preflop: No I bet out here. You know that your hand most likely isn't good in this case, but in case it is, you might win the pot right there (a big victory for A rag in a 6 handed pot, actually). If you get raised, you know you are likely beat, since you beat only A2 and A5 at this point. Check-raising subjects you to 3-bet or raise on turn from someone with a better kicker.

Turn: Bet out again. If he raises you can call or re-raise knowing that you have the nut flush draw in case you are behind (unless you has an unlikely str8 flush). You could also try a check-raise here but I think it will more than likely get checked through if he has A anything and bet if he has a flush, so the bet is your best play.

River: Nice check/raise. I rarely check-raise on the river but that is probably a leak of mine. He will bet most clubs here or even bluff, hoping that you will fold. You know you have the best hand so pop him.