Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2006, 01:47 PM

Default Showing your bluffs

Is it a good idea to sometimes show your bluffs in a HU match. I have heard that the good players try maintain a very loose image when playing HU. If you are gonna do the same is then a good idea to show bluffs sometimes or does it give too much informatin away...
Can it be recommended to play this way or doesn't it requires a lot of skills to play this way. I am a little better than average and make about 15 k each month. I think my play is right between TAG and LAG. But I always lose when playing LAG. I also get criticized for being to loose and aggressive by other opponents.
Should I or shouldn't I show bluffs when playing HU.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Showing your bluffs

HU is a game of information.

Unless you think showing a bluff will make your opponent make a mistake don't do it.

I never show my cards, because I don't want them to have more information. However, sometimes I make a bad call or bad reraise after an opponent has showed a bluff or two earlier in the match.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Showing your bluffs

if you show 72o after raising and stealing a flop two things happen: 1) ure opponent discounts ure pf raising range and 2) ure opponent discounts ure stealing range...
mostly i think that #2 is more effective simply because HU hand selection is from a broader range and therefore showing the 72o doesnt do anythign because youre obv not raising 72 everytime. but if he knows ure going to riase w/ junk and fire two shells, u can start inducing bluffs from ace hi and bot pair etc etc... i think things i would show though are like bluff raises with flush draws on the turn or something if you think ure opponent wont 3 bet you off the best hand when ure riasing top pair or osmething like that on the turn... etc etc. if you show him one thing, ure making him think that thing, so adjust accordingly. if u show 72o, value bet more. if you show the nuts, bluff more...