Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2006, 09:43 AM

Default TT against a reraise and unders

Here's a hand from last night that I've been thinking about. I'll have to do it from memory, but this is basically the action:

10-handed full table 0.25/0.50

Not a whole lot for reads since the table has been changing a lot, but I have raised quite a bit in the last few orbits due to catching good cards and being aggressive. They are starting to play back at me though, and that AK hand I posted last night was part of it.

Anyway, I'm UTG+1 and get TT. I raise.
Folded to the CO who reraises.
Folded to me and I call.
(7.4SB)

I check call every street when rainbow undercards to my tens fall (9s paired on the turn). I felt like I got trapped in this hand due partly to my table image (after that much raising and then getting caught a few times even micro players start to notice), but mostly by the bricked board.

It's not really WA/WB is it since I'm at best a tie preflop. I guess I was hoping he had wiffed overs enough of the time that I would be good enough in this reraised pot to call 2.5 more, but I need to be good about 40% of the time here.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:49 AM

Default Re: TT against a reraise and unders

I'm looking to check-raise the turn if no A/K/some Q's fall.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking to check-raise the turn if no A/K/some Q's fall.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, me too. Especially since the board paired. But calling down ain't bad.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I felt like I got trapped in this hand due partly to my table image

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is happening you need to change gears...

I tend to call down with rainbow undercards on the board but I hate the 9 pairing. At that point I'd love to have a read that would let me fold but if I don't I'm still calling down as long as no one raises.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:37 AM

I was in the process of changing gears, but I kept getting cards.

Anyway, some are suggesting a check-raise on the turn and I'm trying to work out the logic of that. It looks like he would just 3-bet us with anything good and probably fold or call with anything we beat. We could then possibly lead him on the river, but he won't call here again with just overs I think. Maybe I'm making the mistake of ignoring the rare cases, but let's see what the numbers say for the obvious case:

Pot before turn is 4.7 BB.

Okay, the numbers surprise me. I gave him a preflop range of TT-AA, AK-AJs and KQs. That gives me an equity edge here (55%). If I take away KQs, AJs and AQs and end up with 42%. Either way it looks like I should at least call:

Situation 1: I check call down.

(0.42)*(6.7)-(0.58)*(2) = 1.7 BB (I get a little more when I hit my 2 outer though, but he often just checks through if he just has overs). It's probably less than this though since most of the time when he makes a continuation bet on the river I'm beat. It's still positive assuming he can make a continuation bet on the turn every time.

Situation 2: I reraise and assume he folds if he's behind, and 3-bets, we fold if we are behind.

(0.42)*(5.7)-(0.58)*(2) = 1.2BB (Sometimes he calls and we get an extra bet, but sometimes he calls and hits us again on the river and we probably can't call).

I like calling down here.