Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2006, 10:34 AM

Default Leaving Right Before Big Blind Comes Around

I do this all the time in internet rooms. I figure I pay the blinds to play that round, no point in posting my blind and leave.

I've heard some people refer to this as being classless, but those people were also losing at the time. I figure that most people on this site are winning players trying to squeeze out every bit of EV, which is definitely in line with my action.

However, what do you do for live games? B&M or Home games? I think if a home game is really juicy I might be willing to sacrifice a BB or so if there is some unspoken etiquette regarding this matter.

Opinions?
Old 04-17-2006, 10:37 AM

Default Re: Leaving Right Before Big Blind Comes Around

Unless there is some other reason that you have decided to leave the game, leaving on your BB is pretty standard.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:38 AM

I've been leaving tables on my big blind for over four years and nobody has ever said anything to me about it.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:39 AM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

I almost always wait for the blinds to reach me and leave after playing my button.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:43 AM

I always leave before the Big Blind and see most people do the same. I have never seen anyone comment on a person doing this. Always thought it was SOP.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I almost always wait for the blinds to reach me and leave after playing my button.

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably also go to the bathroom after you play your button so you don't have to hurry back for your BB.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:48 AM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You probably also go to the bathroom after you play your button so you don't have to hurry back for your BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but no I go potty UTG. I don't play many hands in early posistion so that is the best time for me to leave the table.

PS. Anyone that gets upset because someone misses a blind is a complete and absolute NIT! Dude, they have to post the blinds when they return to the table or sit out a complete orbit, they aren't getting anything for free.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:57 AM

i use to do the leave-when-BB-gets-to-me thing. But now when i decide to leave, i just leave, regardless of the BB.

This technique has been perfected through experience. This is what usually happened when i wait for the BB: ill see something playable or a monster, get involved in a big pot, lose a bundle of money, then i can't leave anymore, i have to keep playing. So now i just leave when its determined that i should leave.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i use to do the leave-when-BB-gets-to-me thing. But now when i decide to leave, i just leave, regardless of the BB.

This technique has been perfected through experience. This is what usually happened when i wait for the BB: ill see something playable or a monster, get involved in a big pot, lose a bundle of money, then i can't leave anymore, i have to keep playing. So now i just leave when its determined that i should leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1
been there, done that. i leave when i am ready now
Old 04-17-2006, 07:06 PM

i usually make the decision to finally leave when a time charge comes up ($5 for 1-2 NL, every half hour), same idea as leaving when the blinds come around.

as someone else said, if someone has a beef with this they are a nit.

i also like to toke the dealer when i leave up for the day - usually any 'loose change' i have (from $1 - $4)...anyone else do this?