Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2006, 05:59 AM

Default My sleep pattern is [censored]!

Due to various factors over the past few months, I find myself with one hell of an unhealthy sleep pattern. I've tried to correct it numerous times by taking Sominex at about 9pm, especially when I wake up in the afternoon, to try and get back to sleep and start sleeping during the night.

This leads me to waking up in the morning completely drained of energy, and then all of a sudden at about midnight I get a burst of energy. The majority of this problem has to due with Addison's disease (a disease of the adrenal glands in which my body doesn't produce enough cortisol [which produces energy]). The other contributing factor's of this problem include a 3x a week live home poker game that I'm making far too much money from to give up.

I've got school and it's suffering. Anyone know any better ways because it seems that I can't correct this in one or two days, just because my body has gotten use to this pattern over the past 2+ years and now it's pretty much light=sleepy dark=energy.

See notice I'm posting this at 4am, trying to go to sleep b/c I have school at 8...It's just not working. I'm 19 btw.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:02 AM

Default Re: My sleep pattern is [censored]!

I have class in 4 hours myself. Yeehaw.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:02 AM

I feel your pain bro. My sleep patterns are [censored] up as well and I have energy when it's dark but I'm tired during the day.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:03 AM

im [censored] too yous guyaz
Old 04-10-2006, 06:04 AM

I use the sleep when you're tired approach. As long as you make it through school and don't get a job after graduation you should be fine
Old 04-10-2006, 06:05 AM

I was about to post something very similar. Its 4 and i cant go to bed. Ive had to drop half my classes this semester and rarely go to the other half so i find myself staying up super late and waking up at like 1 or 2 p.m.. I really wanted to go to my 8 am class tom but now theres no way. Im thinking of staying up all night and just passing out tom night at like 10 p.m. to try and get into a good pattern again. Probably really unhealthy though.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:11 AM

I think every other week I find myself staying up at night/sleeping during the day for 2-3 days before finally saying F-it and staying up all day and getting back into a normal pattern. Then the weekend comes along, and bam, fcked again.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think every other week I find myself staying up at night/sleeping during the day for 2-3 days before finally saying F-it and staying up all day and getting back into a normal pattern. Then the weekend comes along, and bam, fcked again.

[/ QUOTE ]

word I've got that too [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

seriously what the hell is there to do during the day anyway...the night is the [censored] sohn!!!!
Old 04-10-2006, 06:19 AM

WG,

This is a chronic problem for me. It is because of a combination of a few things:

1) I hate to GO TO sleep, and will often stay up as long as I can possibly manage, doing all manner of productive or unproductive stuff.

2) I love sleeping, and if I don't have a reason to get up, can sleep very, very, very late.

3) From time to time I stay out way too late and drink way too much, exacerbating the problem.

The only times when I have a really normal sleep cycle are times when all of these three things happen:

1) I have a lot of early meetings or calls and MUST get up.

2) I am getting plenty of exercise almost every day.

3) I am not going out and drinking a lot.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WG,

This is a chronic problem for me. It is because of a combination of a few things:

1) I hate to GO TO sleep, and will often stay up as long as I can possibly manage, doing all manner of productive or unproductive stuff.

2) I love sleeping, and if I don't have a reason to get up, can sleep very, very, very late.

3) From time to time I stay out way too late and drink way too much, exacerbating the problem.

The only times when I have a really normal sleep cycle are times when all of these three things happen:

1) I have a lot of early meetings or calls and MUST get up.

2) I am getting plenty of exercise almost every day.

3) I am not going out and drinking a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]
This sounds EXACTLY like me. I've been passively trying to fix this problem for a couple of years but nothing seems to help. I'm hessitant to use medication because it just feels weird to depend on pills to sleep and I would really prefer to avoid it. The exercise thing is pretty accurate but often I just don't have time, regardless of when I get up or go to sleep.

It's really a pain and it makes school/work way harder than it has to be.