Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2006, 04:54 AM

Default I hit my frush

Button is a donk. This I know from previous sessions. No other reads. Comments on all streets appreciated.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (4 handed) internettexasholdem.com

UTG ($124.80)
Button ($80.47)
Hero ($101.95)
BB ($50.20)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $3</font>, Button calls $3, Hero (poster) calls $2.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($10) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $7</font>, Button calls $7, Hero calls $7.

Turn: ($31) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $15</font>, Button calls $15, Hero calls $15.

River: ($76) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $37</font>, UTG calls $99.80 (All-In), Button calls $55.47 (All-In), Hero calls $39.95 (All-In).

Final Pot: $286
Old 04-09-2006, 05:10 AM

Default Re: I hit my frush

you can get special cream for that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

looks like you got outflushed...

if that river bet is a blocker then should you be calling the push? - or are yu pot committed by now??
Old 04-09-2006, 05:11 AM

Normally I would not like the overcall on the river, but with button being a donk you are usually going to be good here, plus with those odds you really cant fold. Id say UTG has jacks or an overpair he loves a lot, button has played it like he could be drawing to a flush but if your read is good he could have nearly anything i guess.

NH, I think the preflop call is kinda marginal but its up to you there.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:14 AM

Personally I don't like playing something 78s for a raise in SB becaouse you are OOP and even if you hit your hand (like you did here), you aren't sure if you really want to get all in (I'm not sure if this is the case here). I'm willing to hear arguments to the contrary here though.

On river, I think leading is good as you don't want to let UTG check behind with an AJo/QQ like hand. Given that you think the button is a donk and the amount of money in the pot, I think there is no way you can fold river (if you are thinking about folding, I don't see why you'd call preflop/flop/turn).

I'm not sure what you mean by button is a donk, but if that means he calls too much, I think flop and turn line are fine. If I don't have "button is donk" read, I might consider raising at some point. I'd like to hear what others think about flop/turn though.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:50 PM

Fold preflop, though it's not awful, I think calling is like -$0.1 or something like that.

C/R AI on the turn [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I think your line is fine. Against better players, on the turn it sure looks like UTG has something that wants a cheap showdown, maybe even AK UI, and button is drawing, perhaps to a higher flush.

UTG's river push is pretty weird, if he's a sane player it's hard to put him on anything but AK or AQ of hearts.
Old 04-09-2006, 02:01 PM

Coupled with his weak turn bet, I'm pretty willing to say UTG has AK/Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], while it for button I think he could also have anything a third flush draw (unlikely though that might be...), the 54 for the OESD, or, most likely, a J. Nevertheless, the chances that UTG has an OP or a J, plus the problem with making your money hand and then folding, would say I would call anyways, probably with a fair amount of resignation as I did so.