Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2006, 08:28 AM

Default All Nighter Tips

I've got serious sleep problems and occasionally I pull an all nighter to guarantee myself a regular bed time the night after.

It's very important that I make it to ~8PM or so because if I fall asleep late in the morning, then my sleep schedule's gonna suck a lot for the next few days. It's also very important that I be able to fall asleep the next night, so huge amounts of caffiene isn't really an option.

Anyway, I've probably an 80% success rate, and I thought maybe OOT could improve that. Any advice?
Old 04-06-2006, 08:32 AM

Default Re: All Nighter Tips

Stay active - always be moving around or working on stuff. Also, caffeine. Though if you make it to 8pm 80% of the time you are probably already doing that stuff.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:35 AM

I'm in the EXACT same boat. In fact I'm coming on 11 hours up going for at least 6pm. Why won't caffiene work? It will be out of your system a few hours after drinking it then you'll get to bed no problem. Also I recomend melotonin. It's an all natural sleep aid that you can use to get yourself on a schedule. Other than that, a lot of good movies and don't get comfortable....i gotta get up.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in the EXACT same boat. In fact I'm coming on 11 hours up going for at least 6pm. Why won't caffiene work? It will be out of your system a few hours after drinking it then you'll get to bed no problem. Also I recomend melotonin. It's an all natural sleep aid that you can use to get yourself on a schedule. Other than that, a lot of good movies and don't get comfortable....i gotta get up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm up to 14 hours.

Caffiene definitely helps, but I find that if I drink tons of coffee, it stays in my system for a while. This may be psychosematic (sp?). Because of this, I stay under 4 servings.

Melatonin is the hormone that makes your skin darker. What did you mean to say?
Old 04-06-2006, 08:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm up to 14 hours.

Caffiene definitely helps, but I find that if I drink tons of coffee, it stays in my system for a while. This may be psychosematic (sp?). Because of this, I stay under 4 servings.

Melatonin is the hormone that makes your skin darker. What did you mean to say?

[/ QUOTE ]

He meant melatonin. Melanin is what makes your skin darker.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:47 AM

what do you guys do when you're laying in bed and can't fall asleep? (other than take nyquil/melatonin)

last night I got in bed at 10 and felt really tired. By 10:30 I felt wide awake and didn't sleep one bit. i HATE nights like that.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:47 AM

Sorry.. I'm on very little sleep (obviously), and dictionary.com total fed with me on this one:

http://dictionary.reference.com/sear...p;q=melatonin.

I read color and epidermis and figured it was melanin.

Where can I buy it? Any side effects? What's it feel like?
Old 04-06-2006, 08:56 AM

I think you could find it at most grocery stores, they have em at Dominick's if your in the midwest, otherwise health stores or something. It doesn't feel like much it's pretty much a sleeping pill without the groggyness the next day, your eyes get real dry and you just feel tired. If you take 2 or 3 and lay down half hour later you'll be out pretty easily. Also for some reason i'll usually only sleep for 6 hours when I take it. It's what naturally makes you sleep so I don't think there are any side effects. It does say don't use if you have a depressive dissorder.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:04 AM

I've been up since 11 a.m. yesterday. Should be an interesting day of classes.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've got serious sleep problems and occasionally I pull an all nighter to guarantee myself a regular bed time the night after.

It's very important that I make it to ~8PM or so because if I fall asleep late in the morning, then my sleep schedule's gonna suck a lot for the next few days. It's also very important that I be able to fall asleep the next night, so huge amounts of caffiene isn't really an option.

Anyway, I've probably an 80% success rate, and I thought maybe OOT could improve that. Any advice?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're in Providence, this is a poker forum, and nobody's recommended you drive down to Foxwoods and play all day yet?