Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2006, 09:00 PM

Default joypad instead of mouse for carpal tunner sufferer

hello all, long time lurker first time poster. go easy on me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

i was reading a thread here---> http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...part=4&vc=1

about the use of a joypad instead of a mouse. i play a lot of sng's (usually 8 table the 215's on party) and have started developing pains in my wrist from constant clicking. i just got MTH yesterday (although i still haven't used it yet) figuring it'll help me a bit if i can use the keyboard instead of the mouse.

that thread link i listed above seems to suggest i can use a joypad (which would be great). is this true and if so could one of you intelligent folk who know about coding and whatnot (i have no clue what it all means [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) give me some advice on how to go about setting something like that up. i don't have a joypad either yet so any suggestions there is also appreciated. hope you guys can help me...i think i'm starting to develop carpal tunnel... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-12-2006, 11:53 PM

Default Re: joypad instead of mouse for carpal tunner sufferer

A game pad, like Rumblepad 2 from logitech (I have the wireless one) has 10 programable buttons. One can be a shift key for 18 total. Each button can be mapped to an key or sequence of keys. There is also a switch that can be used like 4 more keys. (actually 8 but it's too iffy) plus the stick can be use like a mouse but it takes a lot practice to be accurate. You will have to judge if that will do it for you. I started to set it up once so I could use my TV as monitor and the gamepad as the keyboard but never really got going with it. There are also small gamer key pads with 2 or 3 rows of buttons and a switch that is also similarly programmable. Might be easer than a whole key board. Programming them and rememberign the keys can be a lot of work.

I used to have a problem mousing. Got a good task chair with arm rests so I can put the arm weight on the rests, a really good mouse, quality mouse pad with wrist resting pad, and making the mouse very sensitive helped.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:25 AM

Get a nice wristpad and you'll feel a whole lot better. I have carpal tunnel too, and i got the Ergobeads wristpad and haven't had any pain since.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:28 AM

thank you for the tips guys, i'll check out the rumblepad and ergobeads pad for my wrist.