Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2006, 08:16 PM

Default From the 2+2 table

I posted in the thread, but it wasn't generating much discussion. There's good stuff here, though, so I'm reposting it.

Spot my mistake in this hand (and if you were in my sweating cadre, don't give it away right off the bat).

Spot my mistake in this hand:

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.02.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Wookie raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB :#A500AF(Aaron W.)/ 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Wookie calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Aaron W. bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Wookie raises</font>, Aaron W. calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Aaron W. bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Wookie raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Aaron W. 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Wookie caps</font>, Aaron W. calls.

River: (13.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Aaron W. bets</font>, Wookie calls.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB
Old 03-26-2006, 08:22 PM

Default Re: From the 2+2 table

I have been looking at this for a while, way too long actually. All I could come up with was a missed raise on the river. Gotta be something else I am missing...
Old 03-26-2006, 08:25 PM

Also, figure out my hand and tell me how I should have played it. I got a little case of FPS, which happens at 2+2 tables sometimes.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:29 PM

There is no value in a river raise, or at least there shouldn't be. QT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is never winning when you raise the river.

His hand should be AA but you never know. I don't like a river with QT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. But I don't like a river bet with AA either though.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:30 PM

I think figuring out W's hand is the key to finding my mistake, actually.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Spot my mistake in this hand:

[/ QUOTE ]

(Disclaimer, fwiw: I do not remember this hand.)

Hmmm. Your mistake was in raising the flop, representing the ace. Aaron's preflop 3-bet plus bet out on the flop says he has an ace, prolly two-pair (A8s/A6s), or a set. By representing the ace, you didn't give him a chance to recognize you for the flush on the turn.

In a nutshell, since you're HU there's no inherent "value" in your raise, and Aaron is going to fold 0% of the time making a semi-bluff worthless, and actually backfire on you when you both improve on the turn, but he thinks he improved more than you did.

Aaron, IMO, had 88/66/A8/A6, maybe AJ...actually, given the action, definitely AJ. On the flop, you repped a strong ace. On the turn he makes aces-up, and is sure he has you beat, because he has you read for AK/AQ (maybe A8/A6), not the flush.

Howzat?
Old 03-26-2006, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, figure out my hand and tell me how I should have played it. I got a little case of FPS, which happens at 2+2 tables sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

You had AJ, right? I dunno how you could have played it better, seems solid right down the line to me. You yourself to be dominated on the flop given the preflop and flop action, you make your aces up on the turn and go to war, and finish it off by rivering the boat.

Edit: I suppose you COULD have c/r'd the river, but that really would be FPS. Sexy if Wook fell for it, and I'm not sure there's much value in it, but FPS, nonetheless.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:46 PM

I guess I'd limp in (if not fold) instead of raise but start raising on the flop.
I'd be worried since Aaron is betting all the way but that's all.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:50 PM

there is no mistake in this hand.

to say otherwise is a difference of opinion
Old 03-26-2006, 08:52 PM

I dont like the flop raise, other then that I think its fairly standard.