Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2006, 04:35 AM

Default SB Push Question.

I play lower limit SNG right now and I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. After reading this forum a little I realized that while I play just fine at the low limit SnG for themost part, a) I can't defend many of my borderline plays logically and b)I have no idea about this SB pushing business.

Can someone explain to me where to learn up on the principle behind pushing such a wide range of cards from teh SB if you have like 8 BB left? I would like to understand the idea behind it....

I tried the search function and the FAQ and didn't find anything. Admittedly I am not great with the search function, but I assure you I tried.

Also some information as to what the principle is behind making looser calls form teh BB if you sense someone is doing this. I don't know. Usually when I got shortstacked I just folded crummy hands that I apparantly shoudl be pushing....

Help me STT, you're my only hope.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:45 AM

Default Re: SB Push Question.

Go download SNGPT and read the tutorials/lessons. It has everything you need to know about SB push into BB. Just use the free trial to get that lesson, though I 100% recommend spending the money to buy the full version.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:56 AM

Default Re: SB Push Question.

Learn what the SK Rankings mean and where the cut-offs fall for various stack sizes.

This is a very important piece of the puzzle for SB play.