Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2006, 02:10 AM

Default Hand vs. Our Reigning PPM Champ

in honor of his recent win, and to get this forum going, i went through an older HU session mikey and i played at 20/40.

since i dont play interpoker anymore i dont mind my name being out there and im lazy so here's the hand.

dealt to KerPluNKy [9s As]
KerPluNKy: raises $30
d0000d: calls $20
----- FLOP ----- [3d 4h Kh]
d0000d: bets $20
KerPluNKy: calls $20
----- TURN ----- [3d 4h Kh][5h]
d0000d: checks
KerPluNKy: bets $40
d0000d: calls $40
----- RIVER ----- [3d 4h Kh 5h][5c]
d0000d: bets $40
KerPluNKy: calls $40

this was the 15th hand into our session and mikey had won 2/3s of the hands so far. few hands made it past the flop and the first two hands of this session were WAYYY to trickily played by me.

first hand i have AJ and limp on the button expecting a raise, no raise. i flopped trip aces and i check two streets down trying to induce but it didn't work.

2nd hand was another one like that. mike limps, i check. checkcheck.checkcheck.checkcheck.

then there were a few hands back and forth. one of them i called w/ nothing on the flop intending to raise the turn but he checked and i felt a c'r coming so i checked behind. he checked river again though and i had 9 high so i bet and he c'red and i considered 3betting (crypto, so no cap) but just folded instead.

then followed 7 hands where the pot wasn't bigger than $40.

finally the hand above happened. i feel this was a kinda pivotal hand in that it sets the standard for the turn/river choices to follow. i also felt this hand was showdown bound on the flop and was going to take note of what happened.

anybody play differently, comments on hand?

Barron
Old 03-21-2006, 02:25 AM

Default Re: Hand vs. Our Reigning PPM Champ

I have much to learn.
Old 03-21-2006, 03:12 AM

I could see something like 65 doing this or maybe even a 4. He probably thinks a turn raise is coming on and doesnt want to face one if it happens, I mean if I had a 5 or a 4 or something like a draw, I dont really want to get raised on this turn, because you really dont have an idea if u are getting floated or if its legitamate.

either that or he doesnt want you to fold and expects you to call his river bet often but not a turn c/r.
Old 03-21-2006, 03:50 AM

I can't see how you won this hand, but I can understand calling for info if you think it is close. I'd probably check behind on the turn.

Surf
Old 03-21-2006, 03:59 AM

I think u played it fine but I hope ur not betting that turn more than ~50% of the time.

-Brad
Old 03-21-2006, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't see how you won this hand, but I can understand calling for info if you think it is close. I'd probably check behind on the turn.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i did win this hand.

mike plays very well and mixes his game. thats why i always give that full description of everything that happend.

i called and he showed a hand i dont even want to post what he had (he had 6 outs on all streets to my A9).

the point is, just because you can't think you can win a hand doesn't mean thats the case. the previous hands mean that imo, since mikey won so many of them, to him i may be playing far too weak. so i think he'd start to take advantage of it.

given the turn check i think im way ahead here. im not letting him get a free card. if he checkraised i was already under the assumption we're seeing a showdown.

this is why i posted the hand b/c its one of those "pivotal" hands where lines are determined and i had to make a stand.

Barron
Old 03-21-2006, 04:53 PM

Dcifr,

Nice. I wasn't implying that you couldn't win the hand, just that if Mike has the hand he's representing, you're going to lose - but that's assuming he's not going to bluff in this same fashion.

[ QUOTE ]
the point is, just because you can't think you can win a hand doesn't mean thats the case. the previous hands mean that imo, since mikey won so many of them, to him i may be playing far too weak. so i think he'd start to take advantage of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. Good job adjusting.

Surf