Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2006, 11:13 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?
Default Help, the MRS is planning another vacation, I need poker rooms!!!

Flying in to Denver Co and spending almost two weeks looking at rocks. She thinks one night of poker in Deadwood should be plenty, I think not.

I need poker rooms that don't suck near Denver, Mt Rushmore and Yellowstone. Poker rooms that suck will be given consideration if nothing else is available.

I will also get busy with Google.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:32 AM

Default Re: Help, the MRS is planning another vacation, I need poker rooms!!!

All poker rooms suck near denver. If desperate go to Blackhawk for $5 limited betting. ~30-45 minutes from denver.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:10 PM

Deadwood Poker:
Several rooms there. Silverado, Gold Dust, Saloon #10 and Cadillac Jacks. Silverado seemed to be the nicest looking room but saloon #10 had a fun tournement we played in on a Sunday afternoon. I didn't play a lot there but the one thing I would say is focus on a weekend for more action. I tried to play on Sunday night and one place already had the room zipped up at like 4:00pm (Gold Dust).

If you want to find poker around Yellowstone you will need to be in Montana. Wyoming has no card rooms at all. I am pretty sure there is a place or two in West Yellowstone that has poker and West Yellowstone is kind of a nice touristy town to stay in as well.

If for some reason you swing up through Billings there are a TON of card rooms there but, again, I suggest the weekends. I was up there last week and had a hard time finding a game during the week. Montana has a $300 pot limit thing going on so do not expect much higher limit stuff. In Billings there is a place that has a 6/12 during the day and 10/20 at night game going at Doc and Eddies. It looked to ba a table full of grumpy old men though and I wasn't much interested in that. There is a good 3/6 game going at the Crystal Lounge usually all the time as well. If you like mixed games there are a lot of places that do "Dealers choice" as well.

If you go here Montana Gambling History and reports and scroll down the page to Fiscal Year 2006 they have reports on establishments offering live card games!
Old 03-13-2006, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All poker rooms suck near denver. If desperate go to Blackhawk for $5 limited betting. ~30-45 minutes from denver.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Time is better spent elsewhere unless you have a huge poker jones. I was going to reply last night but figured someone would tell you this and I was wicked drunk.

My favorites up there are Mountain High, Colorado Central Station and Fortune Valley. I judge these based on action.

The CCS tournaments are, IMO, the best structured.

The nicest room is by far the Gilpin... it's on it's own floor so you can't even hear a slot machine. It's got a lot of tables, normally adequate dealers (newest in town though) and a non-smoking side. I guess the non-smokers prefer it.

You can play 2-5 spread limit or 5-5. Most of the 5-5 games are gambool fests... "$30 to the flop" is the cliche.