Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 03:15 PM

Default To get involved or not.

Live currently 7 handed 30-60 holdem.

Villian 1) Very loose very aggressive Asian. At a full table he is pretty aggressive preflop raising about 35% of the time he is in a hand which is about 40% of the time. Since the game has turned somewhat shorthanded he has greatly increased his aggression and has as of this moment raised 7 times in a row from all positions when opening. Post flop he is tricky and will bluff raise and semibluff raise the turn. He does have a little respect for me, however, he knows I am tight and can make a laydown.

Villian 2) Very good and very aggressive player. I have only played against him once and that was at a WSOP limit tournament(I don't know if he remembers me). He played well then and seems very good here. He has reraised villian 1 several times. On one occassion he three bet villian 1 preflop with 55. The flop came Ks4s3c. V1 checked, V2 bet, V1 called. The turn: Ks4s3cQd, V1 checked, V2 bet, V1 raised, V2 called. The river was a blank and both players checked. V1 had Ad2c.

Me) I have been card dead after doing well early. V2 has been at the table only a couple orbits and probably sees me as tight.

Blinds: SB is somewhat loose and will call one raise pretty liberally but can find a fold if it is more than one raise. BB is very tight and will only play if he has a big hand.

Hand 1) V1 raises UTG, V2 reraises in MP, I am on the button with 88.

Hand 2) V1 limps(He does limp sometimes. I Haven't seen him limp reraise.) V2 raises in cutoff, I am next in SB with KsQd.

Hand 3) V1 raises in MP and it is folded to me in BB. I have 7d8h.

My question is which hands do you or do you not get involved with. If the answer is no, what would you need to play? If yes, how would you play it.

Thanks.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:37 PM

Default Re: To get involved or not.

It's hard to say because I'm not sure at all what V2s range is but...

1) I'm folding. Definately capping JJ. Shrug on TT.

2) Close between calling and folding I think. If we were the button it would probably between close to a 3bet. But again it depends a lot on V2s range. I'm definately raising AQ in either position.

3) Call.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:48 PM

V2 range is that of a TAG in a semi shorthanded game. I do believe he is raising lighter than normal to isolate. I am thinking 55+ KJo+ Axs A7o+ ETC. Somewhere in this range.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:54 PM

Btw, the best way to try and figure out these type of things is to read Winning In Tough Hold'em Games and play around with PokerStove.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:31 PM

Based on your analysis I would Fold in situations 1 and 2; scenario 3 is worth a call.