Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 02:20 PM

Default TPGK against idiot

Idiot, I mean villain runs at 45/13/4.7. I have seen him stack off already with tpnk. I have also seen him bet 1/3-1/2 the size of the pot a few times with mid pair hands. He also calls 3 bets very light (J9), but thats not too important here. I think that raising here is almost mandatory due to the number of draws but if I raise I am committed no matter what. Folding against this guy is incredibly weak imo but I guess I will see what everyone thinks.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG ($63.45)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($53)</font>
<font color="#C00000">SB ($90.85)</font>
BB ($114.75)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, SB calls $1.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($4) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $8</font>, Hero calls $4.

Turn: ($20) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $7.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero....</font>
Old 11-21-2007, 03:25 PM

Default Re: TPGK against idiot

I don't mind calling turn. As you say, if you raise, you're committed to playing for stacks. If you call, you are still getting decent value out of a TP hand. If you raise, you fold any worse hands here, and draws call or shove and sets, 2pr hands shove, and you lose your stack if the draw comes in or if you're already beat.

I think it comes down to protecting your stack vs protecting your hand. If you just call, you are giving him a very cheap river card, but you are never getting stacked. If you raise, you charge the draw, but you get stacked if it hits, and you get stacked if you're already beat.

I just call Turn here and call river if the bet is reasonable size it's not something really scarey. You get more value out of a worse hand that folds to your raise, and you don't put your whoe stack at risk.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:27 PM

Default Re: TPGK against idiot

I think if he has J4 here he isnt folding tbh. Hes not folding top pair at all. The real question is whether my hand beats his range then given that. He could so easily have a heart draw or J9 though that I hate giving him a cheap look at the river. What really stumped me here is that he could probably have a set here just as easily as J4 though. His AF is fairly high if he had a VPIP half of what it is, so he is a maniac. Im curious if I get more value when ahead by shoving or calling and letting him fire again.