Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 09:53 PM

Default Flop nut straight to suited board

I'm really not sure how to play this? I could just call the flop and push hard on the turn to no club. Should I play aggressively now or wait one street for a safe looking turn? Even though CO raises the flop, Im not putting him on anything like A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Most likely a over pair with one [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I will feel so stupid if I play this weak down the river and I could have extracted much more value from it. I'm in the dark to what my opponents are holding to this board. Could be anything from TPTK, 2 pair, set, stupid end to the straight, to nut draw. Bah.

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $40
UTG: $6.55
MP: $14.50
CO: $21.50
BTN: $31.45
Hero (SB): $26.70

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG calls $0.25, MP folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.75</font>, BTN calls $0.75, Hero calls $0.65, BB folds, UTG calls $0.50

Flop: ($3.25) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $0.50</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $1.50</font>, BTN calls $1.50, Hero thinks he could just as easily double-triple up here as he could get felted
Old 11-13-2007, 09:58 PM

Default Re: Flop and turn nut straight to suited board

Raise the crap out of this board. Calling and waiting for a turn card to come sucks, imo. If the 4th club comes, we're basically have to c/f. If the board pairs, what do we do? Make sets/2pr pay for their full house draws, make straight/flush draws pay, make the Qc pay, etc. You see my point?
Old 11-13-2007, 09:58 PM

Default Re: Flop and turn nut straight to suited board

I tend to overbet the pot a little here. I think too often you get Q+ [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] trying to squeeze for the four to a flush.
I'd rather hit the flop pretty hard and win a small pot here and now. I think I lose my stack if someone already has the flush unless I get a really good read.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:18 PM

Default Re: Flop nut straight to suited board

For some reason when I get into these situations I tend to play the flop very weak, since I have such a tiny amount invested, and then raise the crap out of the turn assuming its a non club blank. I think I can really over bet the turn and get a lot of value, but I'm not so sure thats the best play. Stacking here on the flop, which very well could happen if i raise huge, could mean stacking it off against a possible 50/50ish situation like a set, or possibly even worse drawing dead to flopped clubs(which I dont automatically assume, but its still very much possible) I guess it could just be one of those variance situations. What do you think?
Old 11-13-2007, 10:35 PM

Im just shoving here. Im getting myself all in, you will get a call
Old 11-13-2007, 10:49 PM

3bet pf
lead flop
Old 11-13-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3bet pf
lead flop