Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 04:32 PM

Default equity must call?

i know villan makes straight on turn. my instinct says the numbers are really close. call or fold? what does stove say?

Full Tilt Poker Game #4142063302: Table Palomar (6 max) - $0.25/$0.50 - Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 15:00:09 ET - 2007/11/11
Seat 1: craftylefty18 ($52.55)
Seat 2: fatrabbit666 ($61.65)
Seat 3: SulyT ($40.80)
Seat 4: shnurrrrrrrp ($100.70)
Seat 5: Hard2Find0ut ($85.10)
Seat 6: Buy Me Dinner ($51.55)
craftylefty18 posts the small blind of $0.25
fatrabbit666 posts the big blind of $0.50
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to shnurrrrrrrp [Tc 8s Jd Js]
SulyT folds
shnurrrrrrrp raises to $1.75
Hard2Find0ut raises to $6
Buy Me Dinner folds
craftylefty18 folds
fatrabbit666 calls $5.50
shnurrrrrrrp has 15 seconds left to act
shnurrrrrrrp calls $4.25
*** FLOP *** [Jh 2s Th]
fatrabbit666 checks
shnurrrrrrrp bets $18.25
Hard2Find0ut folds
fatrabbit666 calls $18.25
*** TURN *** [Jh 2s Th] [9c]
fatrabbit666 bets $37.40, and is all in
Old 11-11-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Re: equity must call?

i fold, i dont think your getting the right price. i am to lazy to do the numbers.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i fold, i dont think your getting the right price. i am to lazy to do the numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think with equity involved, its less loserable to call in the long run. not sure though. i swear, i pushed the call button right when i timed out. folded by default.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:56 PM

Villain never has a lower set or flush draw or any combo of the above. You are right to say that you 'know' this, you may as well be able to see his cards. In which case fold, you've got 9 outs with 42 unknown cards, giving you 3.66-1 drawing odds, while you're only getting god knows what to 1 given you're too [censored] lazy to use a converter, so who the hell knows. You play poker and you can't do basic maths?
Old 11-11-2007, 04:59 PM

wazz, what gives? u got it in for me or what? seriously, why dont u f' off.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:10 PM

i don't have it in for you. don't take everything i say so literally, i'm in an absolutely awful mood today (coolers + suckouts). i just hope you can see why i'm annoyed at this post: it's primarily a simple maths problem, i.e. work out whether you have odds to call to fill up, which more often than not you do, especially when you add in to his range that some of the time he won't have a straight and he will just be trying to get you to fold. He might even be valuebetting a lower set with a flush draw or some myriad combination of draws. I instacall this but w/e, do what you want, I'm not gonna f' off, use a [censored] converter like everyone else.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't have it in for you. don't take everything i say so literally, i'm in an absolutely awful mood today (coolers + suckouts). i just hope you can see why i'm annoyed at this post: it's primarily a simple maths problem, i.e. work out whether you have odds to call to fill up, which more often than not you do, especially when you add in to his range that some of the time he won't have a straight and he will just be trying to get you to fold. He might even be valuebetting a lower set with a flush draw or some myriad combination of draws. I instacall this but w/e, do what you want, I'm not gonna f' off, use a [censored] converter like everyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

no wazz, you been sticking it to me for quite some time. you've accused me of not knowing what i'm doing yet i offer you my stats. i have no idea how to use a converter and transfer the info to 2+2. i sure as hell know someone like you aint going to help me with that. i'm not the first one either to not use a converter but for some reason when i post without one, you want to crucify me.

i didnt know a prerequisite about posting here was making you happy first. f' off to that. what kind of player or person are you to be abusing people because you took some bad beats today. personally, i dont see how you can be a winning player with your attitude. its probably why you need to get staked. i heard that mentioned before. i wouldnt put a nickel on you with your attitude.

i'm a nice friendly guy and no one here can say i ever gave anyone a hard time in the omaha threads, unlike yourself.

i swallowed too much from you buddy but not no more. i wont take it or stand for it. this is not a place for learning or sharing obviously. its a place for egos and primadonnas. 2+2 overall is a very negative place.

i been a winner in this game for 4+ years because i have a pleasant attitude. this game is for the mentally tough because it will drive lesser people insane. i suggest you check your attitude wazz, it will make you a better player. i am sure that interests you because you sure as hell dont seem to want to be a better person.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:37 PM

Chill

then work out how to use the converter
Old 11-11-2007, 05:39 PM

i'm gonna shoot you a PM in a bit. until then, calm down.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:45 PM

And months of this

Poker Room skin
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $10/$10
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $199.50
CO: $2.705.50
Button: $909.50
hero: $1.218.50
BB: $678.00

Pre-flop: (5 players) hero is SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG (poster) checks, CO calls, Button calls, hero (poster) checks, BB (poster) checks.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($50, 5 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $40</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $150</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $440</font>, UTG folds, Button calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($970, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero is all-in $768.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button calls all-in $459.5</font>.
Uncalled bets: $309 returned to hero.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($1889, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $1889)

Results:
Final pot: $1889
hero shows 2C 6S 5C 5H
Button shows 7H 3C 3H 4S

would make you cranky as well