Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 03:53 PM

Default How\'s this bluff?

Only 5 hands in, which I think helps the situation.

$0.1/$0.25 No Limit Holdem
6 players
Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
UTG (<font color="#0000cc">$16.35</font>)
UTG+1 (<font color="#0000cc">$24.75</font>)
CO (<font color="#0000cc">$23.70</font>)
BTN (<font color="#0000cc">$34.00</font>)
SB (<font color="#0000cc">$13.85</font>)
Hero (<font color="#0000cc">$26.00</font>)

Pre-flop: ($0.35, 6 players) Hero is BB A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#777777">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.25, <font color="#777777">1 fold</font>, SB calls $0.15, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, CO calls $1, <font color="#777777">SB folds</font>

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($2.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.75</font>, CO calls $1.75

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($6.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $10</font>

Now, I think it was a good spot. It could be read as someone who was raising light, or with SC's having just hit trips or a house, it could be read as a straight or set that bet the flop making a turn checkraise for value. And I think on a flop like that, I am liable to see floaters. What do you think can call me here, and do you like the spot okay?
Old 11-09-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Re: How\'s this bluff?

spew.. I would rather 2 barrel than try to risk more.

NO READ= SPEW

[ QUOTE ]

$0.1/$0.25 No Limit Holdem
6 players
Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
UTG (<font color="#0000cc">$16.35</font>)
UTG+1 (<font color="#0000cc">$24.75</font>)
CO (<font color="#0000cc">$23.70</font>)
BTN (<font color="#0000cc">$34.00</font>)
SB (<font color="#0000cc">$13.85</font>)
Hero (<font color="#0000cc">$26.00</font>)

Pre-flop: ($0.35, 6 players) Hero is BB A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#777777">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.25, <font color="#777777">1 fold</font>, SB calls $0.15, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, CO calls $1, <font color="#777777">SB folds</font>

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($2.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.75</font>, CO calls $1.75

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($6.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $11</font>

Now, I think it was a good spot (of course). It could be read as someone who was raising light, or with SC's having just hit trips or a house, it could be read as a straight or set that bet the flop making a turn checkraise for value. What do you think can call me here, and do you like the spot okay?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-09-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

NO READ= SPEW

[/ QUOTE ]

What is calling me here? Also, doesn't no read mean there has to be some credit given to me here?
Old 11-09-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

NO READ= SPEW

[/ QUOTE ]

What is calling me here? Also, doesn't no read mean there has to be some credit given to me here?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol credit given to you when u dont know if hes a retard calling station or a weektighty?
spew
Old 11-09-2007, 04:00 PM

I don't like it. At NL25, don't assume an unknown opponent is capable of laying down hands that beat you here. Also, the 5 is not a very good card to do it on.

You have no read and if you get called, wtf are you going to do on the river? You've committed over 40% of your stack against an opponent you know nothing about. This is major spew.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like it. At NL25, don't assume an unknown opponent is capable of laying down hands that beat you here. Also, the 5 is not a very good card to do it on.

You have no read and if you get called, wtf are you going to do on the river? You've committed over 40% of your stack against an opponent you know nothing about. This is major spew.

[/ QUOTE ]

his river plan is to autoshove ofcourse!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

his river plan is to autoshove ofcourse!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. of course!
Old 11-09-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Commitment is only a problem if you have a weak hand. If you have no hand, you are never committed. I'm risking 10 to win 9.25. If you think the problem is that I'm risking too much to win too little, that's one thing, but commitment is not an issue here.

If he calls here I know I'm getting beat 95% of the time, at least, I just fold the river and keep about half my stack, rebuy and move on. If you think anything is committing me to this hand, I'm not sure you follow the idea of commitment.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally backwards. This is the sort of move that's very effective against habitual floaters, and complete spew against unknowns.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:18 PM

bluffing at uNL tables with no reads ..

IS MAJOR LEAGUE SPEW.

The whole reason we can beat micros easily is cos they call too much. The key is to VALUE BET VALUE BET VALUE BET - and then VALUE BET some more.

Yes of course there are times and places when bluffing is the best plan - BUT YOU NEED TO HAVE A READ ON VILLAINS POSTFLOP PLAY.

No reads = spew - always has done - always will.

Now the hand as played is OK IF you know the villain is a TAG and/or is capable of folding weak made hands to turn aggression. IF you know villain is a floater then it's good stuff - BUT YOU DON'T KNOW THAT YOU HAVE PLAYED BUT FIVE HANDS AGANST HIM.

This is just gambling.