Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re-run the flop? You make the call

I was in a cash game hand yesterday at a B&M cardroom in southern california. It was a 2/3 100 buy-in NLHE game. Everyone limps in for 3 and the small blind makes it 6. Everyone calls the 3 up to MP+1 who then goes all-in for 76. 1 off from the cutoff calls the 76. Everyone else folds then the small blind says all-in and puts her remaining 50 plus in chips in the center. MP+1 is already all-in and the action is back to the 1 off from the cutoff player who now needs to call the small blinds all-in. This is where things get weird. The dealer burns and turns the flop. It's 10 high with 2 clubs. The small blind then shows her aces. MP+1 flops a set of 10s but he hasn't shown anyone and was already all-in pre-flop. Then the guy 1 from the cutoff says "Wait I've seen her cards and the flop and I hadn't decided if I wanted to call the extra 55 pre-flop or not". An argument breaks out and the floor is called over. What should the ruling be?
Old 11-07-2007, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Re-run the flop? You make the call

dealer gets kitn for jumping the gun
co gets kitn for not protecting his action

flop comes back, co gets the option to call, flop is shuffled back in and redealt
Old 11-07-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

flop comes back, co gets the option to call, flop is shuffled back in and redealt

[/ QUOTE ]

Not so fast. We don't have enough information to know what to rule. If the dealer pulled in the bets (as he should) and tapped the table the player that didn't act has a dead hand for not protecting his action.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not so fast. We don't have enough information to know what to rule. If the dealer pulled in the bets (as he should) and tapped the table the player that didn't act has a dead hand for not protecting his action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bets were indeed pulled in and the table was tapped.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sick thing is very few floor will gather the necessary information and make this sort of ruling (assuming this "If" is correct).

~ Rick
Old 11-07-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Bets pulled in"????

You had a $50 side pot from the SB. Was that "pulled in" too? The dealer pulled in CO-1's 76 but didn't notice he hadn't called the $50 additional? Or did he make a $100 side pot?
Old 11-07-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Bets pulled in"????

You had a $50 side pot from the SB. Was that "pulled in" too? The dealer pulled in CO-1's 76 but didn't notice he hadn't called the $50 additional? Or did he make a $100 side pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I would rule the hand dead. The player that hasn't called yet has plenty of chances to say "hey, stop what you are doing, I haven't acted yet."
Old 11-07-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is why I would rule the hand dead. The player that hasn't called yet has plenty of chances to say "hey, stop what you are doing, I haven't acted yet."

[/ QUOTE ]

"plenty"?

I've seen a lot of dealers center all but the last bet (in this case the last $50) and then wait for the last guy to act. Yelling "hold it!" just gets a player a dirty look and a snide "I was just centering the bets, I wasn't going to flop yet" / "I know what I'm doing".

Yes, once the dealer raps and burns, I would be yelling "Stop!".

Funny, neither all-in player seem to have said a word either, knowing there was a player yet to act.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Bets pulled in"????

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the same way I felt. After it was all said and done I had a weird feeling that the guy that call for the re-deal of the flop was trying to get over on everyone. He had plenty of time to stop the dealer. He didn't even say anything until after the girl showed her AA. Then all of a sudden he starts complaining about not having a chance to call and already seeing her cards...etc etc. It just seems to me that he just wanted to see another flop.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Bets pulled in"????

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the same way I felt. After it was all said and done I had a weird feeling that the guy that call for the re-deal of the flop was trying to get over on everyone. He had plenty of time to stop the dealer. He didn't even say anything until after the girl showed her AA. Then all of a sudden he starts complaining about not having a chance to call and already seeing her cards...etc etc. It just seems to me that he just wanted to see another flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a angle I have seen a couple of times. I player will tyr to get by not calling a bet and then speak up if they don't like what is dealt to get a "second chance."