Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2007, 01:27 PM

Default MAJOR LEAK in my game or something to be expected (PT stats)???

I've been playing for longer then I should without really taking a close look into the numbers of my PT database to find areas to improve. I recently found a GREAT thread on this forum on what to look for in your PT databse ( Pokey's Post found here ). After looking at some of the numbers that thread suggested, most of my PT numbers seem good (according to the numbers suggested in the thread). My preflop aggression numbers area all slightly over .50, my positional play seems about right, my blinds steals and defending have good results, etc...

BUT, I did notice something that seems HUGE when I filtered my results for PAIRS. My results with Pairs are great as I am very profitable, HOWEVER my results with total profit with only pairs is MUCH more then my total profit with all hands. This means that with any hand that is not a pocket pair I am a loosing player. This has to be a HUGE leak in my game, right? I know pairs include the most powerful hands and if you take out Aces, K's Q's, etc... you're results will decrease, but to be a losing player with any hand that is not a pocket pair...WOW, that was a shock.

Here are my PT numbers from all Hold Em games in this DB:

Total Hands: 68,949
Total Profit: $13,922.21
BB/100: 4.19

PT numbers ONLY with pairs:
Total Hands: 4,090
Total Profit: $22,994.14
BB/Hand: 1.39

So with these numbers, I have lost $9,071.93 by playing any hand that was not a pocket pair.

As I mentioned, this is really the first time I have looked at these numbers and was shocked to see this glaring reality. Is this a HUGE leak in my game or is somewhat to be expected to see your overall results drop this much when you take out pocket pairs (some of the most powerful hands in Hold Em)?

If this is as HUGE of a leak in my game as it seems to be to me, what in the world can I start to do about it?

THANKS in advance for any help on this !!!