Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2006, 03:30 PM

Default standard check down with qq?

Paradise Poker 10/20 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

Turn: (6 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

River: (6 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks...?
Old 03-14-2006, 04:34 PM

Default Re: standard check down with qq?

are you calling a bet? if so, bet/fold is superior.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:24 PM

i dunno what im doing...i was totally lost so i was hoping for some advice
Old 03-14-2006, 05:25 PM

I'd bet all streets
Old 03-14-2006, 07:18 PM

I'd bet the flop, against most villains you can fold comfortably to a raise. Had I checked the flop and it was checked around, I'd bet the turn; an A likely would have bet the flop after you checked, and smaller PPs will call down. River is an easy bet/fold IMO, its very rare that someone will make a play at the pot now, that wouldn't on the turn; a better hand would have bet by now and in the unlikely event that you get raised its likely 88. Theres probably at least a pair out there that will call your bet but not bet if you check. Bluff bets are also rare here 4-handed, so checking to induce doesn't have much merit.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:21 PM

I'll typically check the flop and see what happens. If you're ahead, not much is going to come besides a K that can hurt you and you'll get a good look at how much people like the flop.

If it's checked around or 1 bet back to me I'll call, donk the turn and fold to a raise. If it's 2 back to me on the flop, I fold.

If I still have a big field on the river, I don't know what to do, but if it's HU I usually bet/fold the river.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Paradise Poker 10/20 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

Turn: (6 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

River: (6 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks...?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet the flop. Bet the turn. Bet the river.