Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 09:40 PM

Default 3bet A10 suited OOP?

I find myself unsure how to play good, but not premium hands in situations like this.

I had less than 100 hands on villain, but he was playing 28/14. For the most part he was not getting out of hand. Given his PF raises and position I figured he was probably playing a hand similar in strength to mine.

Should I be raising preflop when I know I'll have to play the rest of the hand OOP?

While we're at it, any feedback on the way I played the rest of the hand. Did I miss an opportunity for getting another bet?

Thanks for the input.

Full Tilt 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero (poster) calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

River: (7.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB
Old 11-04-2007, 09:50 PM

Default Re: 3bet A10 suited OOP?

Dont post in a short handed game.

Flop is super standard c/r. Lead turn, lead river.

Just in case the comverter messed up and you are the BB, I do 3 bet the CO open raise.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:52 PM

That almost has to be a converter mess up since the co acted before he did preflop and hes utg.

Against a co raise preflop I 3bet this from the bb unless he is insanely tight (you wont know at this point).

flop is a super easy c/r
Old 11-04-2007, 10:17 PM

Yeah, the converter screwed up and I didn't realize it. I was the BB.

Sorry if this is a really basic question, but can you elaborate and tell me why a CR on the flop is standard there?

If I CR the flop and get called I have gained an extra small bet. If I CR the turn and get called I have gained an extra big bet. I'd think that villains action on the river would be the same regardless of the street I CR on.

Thoughts?
Old 11-04-2007, 10:28 PM

You're probably about even in terms of equity against his range, but you're out of position. Against a TAG I could see raising this though because he might give up easily when he misses and the play is fairly neutral on it's own. I would probably mix up my play here, but lean towards a call most of the time.

I think your line or just check-raising the flop are both fine lines in this spot. You have him crushed and there are benefits to both lines. By just calling you let him fire again when he's crushed, but by raising you might get him to commit to a showdown on the draw heavy board. I would probably just play this straight forwardly and check raise though.

I would seriously consider check raising the river here.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:46 PM

Only thing I would add is that you have a good made hand, but not a great one. To many turn cards can cause you problems (any nonspade paint). Go ahead and build the pot.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're probably about even in terms of equity against his range

[/ QUOTE ]

A7s would be about even here vs a tightish range. ATs is a monster. I dont mind not 3 betting pf in any case, but plz jam the flop.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're probably about even in terms of equity against his range

[/ QUOTE ]

A7s would be about even here vs a tightish range. ATs is a monster. I dont mind not 3 betting pf in any case, but plz jam the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stoving against this PFR range, I'd estimate hero has about 52%+ equity, coupled with the dead SB and the added fold equity against a TAG (He could fold AJ, AQ, AK on the turn), and I think it's an easy 3 bet, despite being OOP.

As you played it I C/R the flop and lead the turn.