Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 02:02 AM

Default 33 pretty standard vs unknown?

first hand, 33 in the bb

utg apparently posted, woot!

I'm pretty comfortable with my hand on the river, enough that I think I'm probably ahead of his range, but I also don't think I'm going to get called often enough for a bet to be of value. Any comments?

Full Tilt 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (5.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 5.75 BB
Old 11-03-2007, 02:11 AM

Default Re: 33 pretty standard vs unknown?

I think this is fine. This could easily be TT or JJ scared into submission. Betting and checking river is probably close. w/e
Old 11-03-2007, 02:45 AM

Fold the flop. You'll lose a lot of money chasing 22-44 pockets. I wouldn't fault you for folding preflop. Get away from these small pocket money losers quickly. I call this with two callers per HPFAP, fold this preflop is ok.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is fine. This could easily be TT or JJ scared into submission. Betting and checking river is probably close. w/e

[/ QUOTE ]

This is random analysis, you need to read HPFAP to understand the odds here. Sklansky splains it well in his book, the odds thing. Do you guys read 2+2 books or just spew advice? UFB
Old 11-03-2007, 03:48 AM

Quebob I don't think you understand the situation, it is HU in a blind war. BLIND WAR!
Old 11-03-2007, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quebob I don't think you understand the situation, it is HU in a blind war. BLIND WAR!

[/ QUOTE ]

I get it, I've been in this spot a thousand times. My personal opinion stands.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold the flop. You'll lose a lot of money chasing 22-44 pockets. I wouldn't fault you for folding preflop. Get away from these small pocket money losers quickly. I call this with two callers per HPFAP, fold this preflop is ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding PF sucks, as does folding the flop.

River seems close, but he won't always payoff A high so I think checking behind is fine.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:30 AM

Learn the odds peeps..

Flop set or better from a pocket pair: 11.8% (7.5-1)
On the turn: 4.3% (23-1)

YOU MUST KNOW THE ODDS TO MAKE THE CORRECT +EV DECISION!
Old 11-03-2007, 04:51 AM

Grunch

Tough spot, always, so my advice may be wrong here I am unsure how to play these as well. I 3bet preflop because someone posted UTG and I want to get head's up, also have position. I'd do this really with a wide range of hands.

As played I raise the flop and see what happens. Most likely he will call. Probably folding to 3bet or calling and folding the turn only because I don't want people to think I will fold to a 3bet but then again that might be a good image to generate. With an UTG poster I expect the SB raise to be wider than normal to isolate, which is why I 3bet PF.

I don't really like the nine on turn. Readless though it's hard to say what he will do on river. Tempted to check and hope to for showdown, a flush draw has really nice equity vs underpair so not really any value here. Think I check and give up, fold to river bet. If I bet, like you did, which I don't think is fine since he appears to be giving up I like a bet on this river card because now it's going to be difficult for any pair to call.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Grunch

Tough spot, always, so my advice may be wrong here I am unsure how to play these as well. I 3bet preflop because someone posted UTG and I want to get head's up, also have position. I'd do this really with a wide range of hands.

As played I raise the flop and see what happens. Most likely he will call. Probably folding to 3bet or calling and folding the turn only because I don't want people to think I will fold to a 3bet but then again that might be a good image to generate. With an UTG poster I expect the SB raise to be wider than normal to isolate, which is why I 3bet PF.

I don't really like the nine on turn. Readless though it's hard to say what he will do on river. Tempted to check and hope to for showdown, a flush draw has really nice equity vs underpair so not really any value here. Think I check and give up, fold to river bet. If I bet, like you did, which I don't think is fine since he appears to be giving up I like a bet on this river card because now it's going to be difficult for any pair to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a very tough spot, a spot where many amatuers leak like a collander. Read Holdem for Advanced Players and Weighing the Odds in Holdem Poker. First read, it will still be grey area, second read, you will start to see the notes on the keyboard. You will see how there is no such thing as a "blind war"...just blind play, blind to the odds.