Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 04:12 AM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Default unraised pot middle set

Villain is 36/6/1.7 over 400 hands

Full Tilt Poker - Pot Limit Omaha Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $122.00
BB: $107.70
UTG: $134.85
Hero (CO): $102.15
BTN: $71.55

Preflop: Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $1.00, Hero calls $1.00, BTN folds, SB calls $0.50, BB checks

Flop: ($4) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $4.00</font>, Hero calls $4.00, 2 folds

Turn: ($12) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $12.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $48.00</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises all-in to $129.85</font>, Hero calls all-in for $49.15
Uncalled bet of $32.70 returned to UTG
Uncalled bet of $0.00 returned to Hero

River: ($206.30) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $206.30 ($3 Rake)
Old 11-02-2007, 05:24 AM

Default Re: unraised pot middle set

Hoopster - This is a hand I want to play fast immediately after this flop. I think there's only about a five to seven percent chance Villain has a set of queens.

Thus I don't think Villain has trip queens and I don't want him to draw to possibly make a flush or straight.

(I'm going to take it on the chin if Villain does have a set of queens).

However, if Hero re-pots, I think it's very tough for Villain to continue without a set of queens (or a set of deuces, which Hero dominates).

Assuming Villain folds without queens, roughly Hero will collect the $8 that is in the pot 16 times (total $128) for every 1 time he loses his $102.15 to a flopped set of queens. And if Villain hangs in there without a set of queens Hero is the favorite.

I haven't read down yet to see what happens on the turn.

O.K. turn is not ideal. Villain bets pot again, Hero finally comes over the top and Villain puts Hero all-in.

I think Hero made his move one round too late.

As played, I'd call the turn re-raise too.

Buzz
Old 11-02-2007, 05:30 AM

Raise the flop. You cannot let drawing hands in cheap. If he 3bets you on the flop, you will have a tough decision. If you had other draws to go with your set, I would be much more likely to just 4bet on the flop.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:59 PM

Repot on flop (and probably fold to a 3-bet against someone with those stats). As played, jamming the turn and calling his shove is fine.