Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Bubble in 6 seat turbo $50 sng

Ok first time post. I have 2 questions really. I am seeming to get a bit confused right on the bubble in these SNG's. Example 1: I have a dominating lead 6k chips and other 2 people left have around 1k. Do i let them fight it out and not get to involved or do i push them around. I dont want to give them any chips so i been playin soft but then i lose blinds which are pretty high by this point. Also same situation i have 1k and leader has 6k how aggressive should i be?
Old 10-30-2007, 09:14 PM

Default Re: Bubble in 6 seat turbo $50 sng

It depends on the hands. I'm going to give rough numbers here, adjustable by table and stack size.

If you have 6k and two shorties have 1k, you should be raising around 40% of hands.

If you have 1k and leader at 6k, you should be raising around 80-90% of hands.

Regardless of stacks, position is still key. Usually you can let the short stacks fight it out and smooth into the money, but sometimes playing aggressively on the bubble allows yourself to be even more dominating when it becomes heads up and allow you to win instead of playing tighter, losing blinds, and creating a near even chip stack going HU for whichever short stack comes out on top.

For being the short stack, in a turbo SNG, it's all or nothing right now. You cannot afford many blinds, if any usually and you have to be pushing any hand almost. I think there are very few exceptions that I do not push hands, maybe 52o or some extreme crap like that, but if the blinds are 200/400 and you have 1k on the button, you have to push with ATC.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:29 PM

great helps alot... i am getting addicted to these sng's was just playing ring games but swings were to high. This is prolly luck but i seem to be cashing mostly first place in 80% of them. Money seems much better then ring games.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:37 PM

Oh yeah, SNGs are considered great to build a bankroll and/or "pad" it. They provide more consistency over large samples and such. It is extreme luck if you're cashing/winning in 80% of them played. That will definitely go down over time goes on.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:10 AM

There is no way you are finishing first in 80% of $50 sngs unless you have that magic software that lets you see everyone's holecards. And if you have that, you don't need any advice.