Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 10:46 PM

Default Blind Battle, bad luck or bad play?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BTN: $108.25
SB: $100
Hero (BB): $104.70
UTG: $157.20
CO: $105.70

Pre-Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
3 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $4</font>, Hero calls $3

Flop: ($8) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $5.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $18</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $96 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $78

Turn: ($200) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($200) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $200 Pot ($3 Rake)
SB showed Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a straight, Queen high) and WON $197 (+$97 NET)
Hero showed 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a straight, Nine high) and LOST (-$100 NET)

SB is standard player, maybe a little tight than some but nothing out of the ordinary. Standard fold to his push or should have called?
Old 10-25-2007, 10:51 PM

Default Re: Blind Battle, bad luck or bad play?

I am never calling after this re-raise here, and if he calls your c/r to 18$ i am just shutting down on the hand, never calling his push tho.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:54 PM

Default Re: Blind Battle, bad luck or bad play?

okay.

i think u need to start asking yourself why you're making certain decisions before you do them. like on this flop, why are you raising? its not for value b/c he'd have to call you down with worse (8x or a worse 9) which isn't very likely. so you're basically bluffing on this flop to fold out 6 outers/take a free card on the turn with your pair + gutshot outs, which is okay sometimes I guess since his range for cbetting here is pretty wide. but once he comes back over the top on the flop, u have to fold b/c your weak draw/semibluff is totally priced out.