Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 09:46 AM

Default Absolute(ly) No Faith in AP

It seems that the tide of (2+2) public opinion is starting to turn in AP's favor in that many 2+2ers are beginning to talk about going back to the site. For me it seems to be a question of trust and whether or not AP has critically broken that trust with their players. I can personally accept the fact that the site was “hacked” and that players were cheated. What’s bothers me is AP’s early attempts to dismiss the fraud claims and to minimize the severity of the cheating. Based on AP’s public statements and the facts that have been uncovered by the 2+2 slueths there doesn’t seem to be much doubt that they were intentionally lying and in effect covering up the fraud and protecting the cheaters.

I have a couple of questions that I’ve not seen good answers to:

1.) Is it possible that a low level AP customer service employee would have access to and be able to send the complete hand history for the entire tourney in question? If this could happen accidentally it seems to me that there should be other instances of 2+2 players receiving these detailed hand histories for other tourneys. I haven't heard of any.

2.) If in fact the AP employee sent the hand history intentionally as a whistleblower what does that tell us about the culture within AP and about management and their character?

IMO I can’t see how we as players can or should reward a company that has behaved so poorly. Keep in mind the people who made the decisions to issue the early public statements denying the cheating are going to be the same people who are running the company after the cheating scandal is over. Sorry for the long post...
Old 10-26-2007, 09:48 AM

Default Re: Absolute(ly) No Faith in AP

post in absolute thread
Closed Thread