Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 02:05 PM

Default .5/1 I limp KK UTG- please don\'t berate

.5/1

I have been inactive at the table for a while, the people here are a little loose

Hero (utg) 100
MP 140
CO 85
BTN 100
SB 100
BB 90

hero dealt KcKd

hero calls, all folds to sb and bb who call (if your gonna tell me to raise then stay the [censored] outta the thread, I hadn't played a hand in a long time and there was a good chance I could limp reraise with players here)

flop 9c Tc 2h
pot 3
sb bets 3, bb calls, hero raises to 13, sb calls, bb folds

turn 4d
pot 32
sb bets 20, hero?

Do I push here?
Old 10-24-2007, 02:06 PM

Default Re: .5/1 I limp KK UTG- please don\'t berate

If this was FR you could limp probably, but you gotta raise dude, who cares if you haven't played a hand in forever, they're still not gonna raise you light prob.

What do you know about SB?
Old 10-24-2007, 02:12 PM

I guess I raise. It's a crappy spot cuz he's in the blind and can basically have anything depending on what he completes with. Obv you could be against any 2pr or set, but he could just have a good ten or draw. I think most of the time you're ok and sometimes totally screwed.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:17 PM

I know nothing about him, no stats or reads, [censored] spot, at first I thought he was trying to set the price for his own draw, that seemed possible given that he pots the flop and leads turn for little less than 2/3. I thought that he would fold if I raised him and would bluff the rest off if he missed the draw. Maybe I just got too fancy here, I think I shuda pushed the turn. I limp big pairs utg every so often, do it with small pairs and suited aces depending on game conditions. If theres a good chance that limping will allow me to reraise due to aggressiveness of the table, isnt it a more optimal strategy to try and build a bigger pot pf with AA KK making it more likely for villain to stack lighter postflop?
Old 10-24-2007, 02:19 PM

Are they just raising light or are they reraising light too? If so, just raise. I'd rather have a pot of 10 than hope for a pot of 40 but end up with a pot of 3 most times.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are they just raising light or are they reraising light too? If so, just raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good point. If they are not reraising light, then I don't mind the play every so often. It mixes up your game and keeps them guessing....i don't do this enough....prob cuz it doesn't work out well most of the time.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:00 PM

i didn't notice any excessive 3 betting just loose preflop play and poor postflop as well. I prob take this line with AA/KK less than 10% of the time I get these hands. Sometimes when the table conditions seem right I limp them UTG. I am still debating if I should throw QQ in the mix. I think with an aggressive image it mihgt be ok to mix in QQ bc people stack lighter vs. you. As for the hand I feel like I should have pushed the turn as I put him on the club draw, but it looked like hed prob fire a third barrel if the draw missed, so I still don't know what the best play is.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:03 PM

w/e to people who critique stuff like this pre...its whatever style image you are trying to cultivate

as for the flop and turn
deff raise flop
turn it could go either way, a call is ok (dont fold river)
a raise would be my move here, prolly 45-55, but obvi its a higher variance style so it depends on what your trying to do...
Old 10-24-2007, 03:14 PM

w/e to the pf stuff, I think you lose a lot of value from the hand/and make the hand much more difficult to play post flop.

Flop is fine I guess, though I would prefer a lead and then CRAI on the turn. Classic Stack a Donk line.

As for the way played, depends on what you want to do with the hand, and your read on the villain. Generally if the villain leads the turn like this and I don't have a strong hand I am raising any 2 cards because this is generally weakness/draw trying to take control of the pot.

With your hand I could see calling and hoping to induce a bluff on the river, or raising to take the pot down right now. Depends on your hand reading ability I guess.

One other thing about PF, I think you are giving way too much credit to villains at .5/1 for picking up on your tendencies. Generally there are plenty of villains out there who are just playing there own cards and could care less what you are doing raising from UTG.

I can't stand limping utg w/KK, esp at a loose table since I feel you lose a ton of value from it/are opening yourself up for disaster if you play a 4 or 5 way limped pot. But more power to you.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:50 PM

"One other thing about PF, I think you are giving way too much credit to villains at .5/1 for picking up on your tendencies. Generally there are plenty of villains out there who are just playing there own cards and could care less what you are doing raising from UTG."

this is why im limp reraising, to get like 1/4 of my stack in b/c theyll call with sc's

anyway i just smooth called turn, river hit a club, villain overbet shoved and I folded, I think my read was correct, had he lead for smaller, I woyld pushed but he didnt even set that good a price for himself by bettin 2/3 psb, so I was fine with that

also on the note on limp reraising, if I limp AA/ KK and dont get a chance to reraise, when the flop hits super ugly like 6s7s8s and I got KdKh I might just check fold multiway

i think im gonna get ripped a new [censored] for that last comment