Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 12:00 AM

Default Pretty weird hand vs. lag OOP

Villain is BeerLacher on UB, he is a good lag, runs probably 28/22/3ish. We don't have a ton of history, I 3bet him a decent amt but he should view me as a solid tag. We haven't tangled too much this session.

So flop is just a standard c/r I think on occassion, my range of coldcalling from the BB vs. an UTG raise could definitely hit this flop, and he range is obv. pretty wide.

After he calls flop, I decide to shut down because I'm not really loving his call/the turn card.

Ultimate Bet
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players

Stack sizes:
UTG: $346
UTG+1: $242.15
CO: $141.25
Button: $197
SB: $409
Hero: $231.40

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $7</font>, 4 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($15, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $12</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $44</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($103, 2 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($103, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero?

Any value on the river? I think there are a lot of options here but I'll wait to post my action.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Pretty weird hand vs. lag OOP

I'd say check, he's not going to pay off a decent v-bet with the Jd but he might bluff some hands without diamond in them. In other words I don't think there's too much value to be had with the Qd on the board.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:13 AM

I would 3-bet a decent amount PF given this opponent. yes, he is UTG, but he's also loose.

And hell yes there is value on this river.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:15 AM

I guess if he bets a boat %100 on the turn when we check to him then we can v-bet the river. maybe we'll get looked up by TT/99/JJ with a diamond. My initial hesitance to bet was I hate betting and being raised.

So yeah I guess you can bet, checking is just as good though imo as I think it'll induce a decent number of bluffs.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:16 AM

orange,

are you bet/calling or bet/folding if you are betting the river, and how much are you betting?
Old 10-24-2007, 12:21 AM

The thing is, our hand looks like 78d, 45d, or a set. Maybe an Axd. He should know that the 4 diamonds won't hit you really hard unless you had a boat, but I don't wanna check because I think we'll get a call from TdT or JdJ if we bet. He might bluff-raise with a non-diamond pocket pair so I would say bet 28 (try to look like a block as much as you can) and call a raise unless it's a shove.

This may be a bit spewy though, but no boats are in his range except QQ, I think he 3-bets flop with 99. And what AdX hand is he calling the c/r with and then checking the turn? It doesn't make sense that he has a huge hand here.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:24 AM

i'm betting $66 and probably folding to a shove. I don't really think this villan checks behind with a boat on the turn (though definitely viable). I think we can get a crying call from stuff like JJ/TT/etc with a diamond and sometimes lighter. I would also consider betting $90 on the river if he would interpret that as a bluff more often. (depends how smart villan is and his perception of your bet sizing).

Checking to induce is an option I suppose. I think he checks behind alot with stuff like TT or whatever with a diamond. Also sortve depends how thinly he value bets.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:32 AM

i think the turn is a good spot to bet actually, but yea, id bet/fold the river. peoples frequencies tend to suck on 4 flush boards and the pot is big
Old 10-24-2007, 12:49 AM

I ended up betting $60 on the river, I was planning on bet/folding but villain folded.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I ended up betting $60 on the river, I was planning on bet/folding but villain folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's fine but I do think you should bet/fold the turn. When you c/r and you check, you don't rep much because you wouldn't play a big hand like that I don't think.