Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 10:53 PM

Default 10NL: Float with 88. Turn line ok?

Villain is TAGgy; 13.5/8 with total AF of 1 over 74 hands (rare at this limit but it could just be small sample size tricking me into thinking his stats are better than they actually are).
On the flop, his cbet appears weak to me so I call for value/as a float. When the second J comes and villain checks to me I bet 1.40 (too small?) I may have the best hand if he cbet with air and I may have fold equity even if he has 99, TT, AA-QQ. When he calls my turn bet, I put him on exactly that range, weighted towards AA-QQ. River gives me boat obv. Hows my value bet size? Mostly, I am looking for comments on my turn line.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $7.85
BB: $1.95
UTG: $2.05
UTG+1: $8.55
MP1: $15.95
MP2: $11.20
MP3: $2.20
Hero (CO): $11.55
BTN: $10.30

Preflop: Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (9 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">MP1 raises to $0.60</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.60, 3 folds

Flop: ($1.45) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP1 bets $0.80</font>, Hero calls $0.80

Turn: ($3.05) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.40</font>, MP1 calls $1.40

River: ($5.85) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, MP1 calls $3.00

Pot Size: $11.85 ($0.55 Rake)

Old 10-21-2007, 10:57 PM

Default Re: 10NL: Float with 88. Turn line ok?

I bet the pot on the turn and make at least a pot size bet on the river.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:05 PM

I'd say $2-$2.50 on the turn. (Or whatever you'd bet if you actually had the jack on that board). If you're right about his range, I think you could've gotten another buck or 2 on the river (especially if he's on QQ+)
Old 10-21-2007, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you really think that PSB is neccessary on turn? It seems to me that if villain has nothing or 99-TT then may 2/3 PSB would accomplish same thing.
I agree that I could probably extract more on river after villain calls turn bet.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you really think that PSB is neccessary on turn? It seems to me that if villain has nothing or 99-TT then may 2/3 PSB would accomplish same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I am confused. Accomplish what? This, in my mind, is a value bet and I want to get as much as possible. Are you saying you don't like the PSB because you don't want villain to fold? I can see this.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I am confused. Accomplish what? This, in my mind, is a value bet and I want to get as much as possible. Are you saying you don't like the PSB because you don't want villain to fold? I can see this.

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe that I want villain to fold here. Its not really a value bet cause I dont expect vilain to call with a worse hand, except may 77, though this is unlikely. On second thought then maybe you are right. If villain has AA-QQ then PSBs may be what it takes to get villain to fold these hands. My turn bet isnt very strong.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:50 AM

As RE suggested, I like 2/3 pot on the turn. I don't think we need to do more, but less is going to be looked up more often than we want with this hand. I agree that we really want the villain to fold at the turn.

Since our turn bet was weak, I think we might be able to extract another dollar on so on the river.

Toy, guessing you saw Rider and the other 2p2'er on that one table chatting. Were they sweating you? Otherwise I have no idea why they'd be hanging out at 10NL. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2007, 03:08 AM

Agreed. So the general consenus is that as played, my turn bet was too small.

I did see Rider at my table. If I remember from the chat that he was playing 200nl and a couple 10nl. I have no idea why. OMG were you there too?
Old 10-22-2007, 03:13 AM

Yep. I'll PM you to not clutter the boards...
Old 10-22-2007, 03:37 AM

bigger on turn to get him off a big hand.
Anything less than 2/3 on the river is a big mistake IMO. If he has a big hand he will call and if he really has air he is folding no matter what