Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 02:40 AM

Default Wtf am I Doing? - Episode 2

This post is a tribute to a post with the same title here a few weeks back - can't remember OP - this line is for you. Thoughts on this hand? Villian seems Tag - hero is also Tag. Button seems erratic. Hero has just stacked Villian a couple of hands ago when smooth-calling a 3-bet in position and shoves over Villians flop bet with a set of Kings while Villian held AA. I hate my preflop cold-call and it has landed me in a world of postflop headaches. Hero knew what to do but didn't do it. Comments on post-flop line please as played. I hate my river call now too. I want to find out if people agree and what to do differently on all streets.

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $58.61
UTG+1: $50
CO: $113.66
Button: $87.54
SB: $41.11
Hero: $104.27

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $1.5</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $2.5</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($7.75, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $5</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button folds.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($17.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $10</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($37.75, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 is all-in $32.5</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $102.75
Old 10-20-2007, 03:35 AM

Default Re: Wtf am I Doing? - Episode 2

Eh, 4bet/call PF for me. I don't see a reason to bet out. Button is erratic and has initiative, I'm check-calling or raising. Reason for c/c is you are nearly always ahead in this spot with opponents drawing slim. Or, c/r and expect Ad, Kd to call. I'm torn between those two. I probably stack off by turn anyways (if not PF).

As played, river check is fine with me. You can't fold either. IMO Busto NFD is pushing very often. Flopped flush is raising the turn probably. You do have some value in betting but it's thin, just a few hands calling. The hands you beat that call if you push will check behind if you check IMO. But, those that shove either have you beat or are bluffs. Not many hands beat you so c/c river is fine to me.

I could be wrong.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:33 AM

I'm not flat calling pf here, but I don't think I'm calling/pushing a 5bet from either UTG+1 or button (especially button, too deep -- no matter how erratic.)

Most tags will let go of AK pf if the see a 3bet and a 4bet in front of them to their open. I'd need one hell of a read on what erratic means from button too before I went any further.

A 4bet will usually clear out villain or define his range much better, as well as helping define button's range as well.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:45 AM

Thanks for the comments.