Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 02:14 PM

Default Derrida disliked pokerstars?

[ QUOTE ]
The string of lines I am going to cut out would merit centuries of reading, and I will return to this place later when I speak of the impossible, namely of the letter that does not manage to arrive and of an impossible that is no longer the opposite of the possible, of might, of an impossible that is no longer on the other side of the possible. At the bottom of this underwater mine, which I scan, skim over, and satellize at full tilt, a first probe yields the following reading: "One had to be quick."

[/ QUOTE ]

Derrida, H.C. for Life, That Is to say . . .

Weird that being european he didn't just play on party though tbh
Old 10-19-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Derrida disliked pokerstars?

hes probably more sort of talking about how deconstruction's sensitivities to philosophical efforts at defining limits have been taken by some to imply a deconstructive agenda for the ultimate reversal of order delineating what is proper to each as they remain apart and expelling from itself non-philosophy via judgements which irreducibly take part in violence and hinge on matters of interpretation made through language than poker tbh
Old 10-19-2007, 02:19 PM

also lol @ full tilt satellizing, derrida liked donkaments i guess
Old 10-19-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hes probably more sort of talking about how deconstruction's sensitivities to philosophical efforts at defining limits have been taken by some to imply a deconstructive agenda for the ultimate reversal of order delineating what is proper to each as they remain apart and expelling from itself non-philosophy via judgements which irreducibly take part in violence and hinge on matters of interpretation made through language than poker tbh

[/ QUOTE ]

poker is for the side of death...? if there are sides perhaps? this is about helene cisoux, not deconstruction, at any rate not explicitly, about her being for her living mother, but it might also be about full tilt being rigged, don't you think?
Old 10-19-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes I've said that many times.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

poker is for the side of death...? if there are sides perhaps? this is about helene cisoux, not deconstruction, at any rate not explicitly, about her being for her living mother, but it might also be about full tilt being rigged, don't you think?

[/ QUOTE ]
did u see that derrida movie? i really liked it even though my understanding of philosophy falls apart sometime around the enlightenment
Old 10-19-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
did u see that derrida movie? i really liked it even though my understanding of philosophy falls apart sometime around the enlightenment

[/ QUOTE ]

the one called "derrida", he was in it, like a documentary kinda? i saw that too and liked it. i can't say i really "get" in any definitive sense anything he writes, but i kinda like HC for Life, and some of his other books. he seemed like a fairly cool guy anyway.

I obv don't think he meant full tilt poker, but the phrase "satellize at full tilt" just cracked me up when I read it, like $1 45s...
Old 10-19-2007, 02:30 PM

also, brag: i am at work reading derrida and posting on 2+2, and my boss just smiled at me and asked if the book was good, lol
Old 10-19-2007, 02:38 PM

my boss would be psyched if he caught me reading derrida, but then again hes a philosophy grad. id probably get a raise if he caught me with hegel.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:40 PM

reading bbv4l is another matter entirely though. good thing i work from home