Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 09:17 AM

Default Card Player and AP mess

I go back a long way. There was a time maybe ten years ago, when I remember some high end tournament players were stone busted for chip dumping and another that was caught bringing in chips (I'm not going to risk mis-identifying them). Not one of these ever saw the light of day in 'Card Player'. In that rag, poker is without flaw, because evey additional card player is $$$ for 'Card Player'. It's not too hard to imagine some of the other enterprises that have a big incentive to make poker look virginal.

So don't expect this AP BS to get much industry reportage. More likely it will get none. Which always makes me wonder just how much scum flies below the radar.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:53 AM

Default Re: Card Player and AP mess

[ QUOTE ]
So don't expect this AP BS to get much industry reportage. More likely it will get none. Which always makes me wonder just how much scum flies below the radar.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are quite wrong. The AP story has absolutely exploded over the web and will likely be getting some MSM coverage in the very near future as well.

Also, ten years ago was ten years ago. Very different landscape now.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are quite wrong. The AP story has absolutely exploded over the web and will likely be getting some MSM coverage in the very near future as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be proven wrong but as of right now it's not in on the 'Card Player' web site, a very logical place for it to show up. Maybe it's burried in someone's blog, but I'd be quite surprised.

As for MSM, you are likely overestimating the future coverage.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:38 PM

what is MSM????
Old 10-18-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be proven wrong but as of right now it's not in on the 'Card Player' web site, a very logical place for it to show up. Maybe it's burried in someone's blog, but I'd be quite surprised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come out of the dark!!!! At least follow the threads that contain the masses of media coverage..

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21364557/

The media outlets that have picked up this story are countless...
Old 10-18-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what is MSM????

[/ QUOTE ]

Mainstream media. (CNN, FOXnews, major newspapers,etc...)
Old 10-18-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come out of the dark!!!! At least follow the threads that contain the masses of media coverage..

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, Adanthar had an interview with ESPN this afternoon.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet. I had been out of the dauntingly long threads for a full day and missed everything.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:49 PM

OP is talking specifically about CardPlayer magazine/website coverage of scandal.

While most every poker site has this as a major story, CP doesn't have this showing anywhere on the front page of the website.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:05 AM

They do have an article up now - it's currently the second one down on their news page (Card Player News Page), and also visible from their front page.

Mind you, the article seems to take great pains to minimize things, stating that one tourney is being investigated for a potential security breach, at AP's request, AP has promised to give them a copy of the audit, etc.

There is no mention of 2+2, and both AP's statement and the KGC statement are printed in full.

Overall, it really comes across as a grudging acknowledgment that the story's too big to ignore, so they have to say something, but they'd rather the story just went away.

Cheers, Carl.