Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 01:24 PM

Default Has anyone ever done one of these free XBox 360 offers?

Has anyone ever done one of these "free item" offers? If so, what was your experience? Was it a hassle? Did you get your free item?

I'm intrigued by the business model at work here, and the engineer in me would very much like to turn this into an experiment. I just created an account with one of the more mainstream sites that does stuff like this (in this case I chose a free xBox 360), and if a few of you wanted to click my link and sign up (I would need 8 referrals), I could come back and give regular updates on whether or not it works, whether I get the product, how long it takes, etc.

Here's the link: LINK REMOVED

The Way I see it: worst case, we can confirm it's a waste of time (I'm always a willing guinea pig for crap like this - call it my heroic flaw). Best case we learn how to work the system and have a forum full of people to get each other free stuff.

As always, all comments and thoughts are appreciated.

EDIT:

Per blinden and AceLuby's comments, and out of the desire for this to *not* appear like a total guise, I would add the following points:

1) Yes, I want a free xbox360, who wouldn't? Thus...
2) I'm hoping this works.

Now, as I sat around yesterday thinking about it, it struck me that in the 2+2 forums we've got a big ol' community of people (imagine that). So I said to myself "self, how could I get 2+2ers on board with trying this out?" After getting a few weird looks because I was talking to myself, I got back to thinking. Now, as a poker player and an engineer, I tend to enjoy a more analytical approach to things, so I figured 2+2ers might like the same. Hence my appeal to the analytical approach and offer to turn it into an experiment. I knew *I* certainly wouldn't have been on board if someone barged in yelling "Click my link you twits!", so I figured I should assume the same of all of you. I apologize if anyone felt like I was trying to dupe them when they read this, I should have thought that through better. I did mean what I said though: if this is successful, we've got so many people on here we really could team up and get each other a lot of free stuff.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:25 PM

Default Re: Has anyone ever done one of these free XBox 360 offers?

worst guise ever.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:27 PM

dude, my roommates and I spent like an hour last night discussing whether we thought this stuff was legit or not.

that being said, i just re-read the post and realized it could look like a total guise, so point noted. I apologize if it came across that way, wasn't my intent...
Old 10-18-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dude, my roommates and I spent like an hour last night discussing whether we thought this stuff was legit or not.

that being said, i just re-read the post and realized it could look like a total guise, so point noted. I apologize if it came across that way, wasn't my intent...

[/ QUOTE ]

Edit? ...
Old 10-18-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Edit? ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Edited.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:04 PM

most of this forum has cash, and if they don't they probably don't have the time to bother with crap like this.

maybe try and recruit some broke jokes in bbv4l, but i urge you to not bother because it will probably just get locked there too.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:30 PM

This guy did it. He got his iPod.
Closed Thread