Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 07:21 PM

Default 6 handed micro, can I get away?

Sorry if I mess this up, first time trying to use a hand converter. This is the 3rd straight sng I've lost KK to something insane. It's not so bad cause it's just a micro I was playing during class, but still bothered the hell out of me. Table has been tight which was the only cause for minraise, just trying to induce any kind of action.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB (t1605)
Hero (t1235)
UTG (t1435)
MP (t3225)
Button (t1500)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t60</font>, SB calls t30.

Flop: (t120) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t95</font>, SB calls t95.

Turn: (t310) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t200</font>, SB calls t200.

River: (t710) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t880 (All-In)</font>, SB calls t880.

Final Pot: t2470

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Jd Tc (straight, queen high).
Hero has Ks Kh (one pair, kings).
Outcome: SB wins t2470. </font>
Old 11-15-2007, 07:25 PM

Default Re: 6 handed micro, can I get away?

get away from what?

raise more PF (you know that). all is fine.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:31 PM

Raise more preflop. Everything else is superstandard. Congrats on getting it all in. i haven't looked at your results, and you shouldn't include them. I'm guessing you got unlucky, but the correct way to play the hand has nothing to do with whether you won it or not.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:32 PM

Only reason I didn't raise more pf is cause the table was playing so insanely nitty. No one was giving any kind of action to anything. Was just wondering if at all possible I could even fathom folding on the river, or at least not even leading out. I think the only reason I got so upset was because I got the boot from my class for berating my laptop [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Only reason I didn't raise more pf is cause the table was playing so insanely nitty. No one was giving any kind of action to anything. Was just wondering if at all possible I could even fathom folding on the river, or at least not even leading out. I think the only reason I got so upset was because I got the boot from my class for berating my laptop [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok that's pretty lol. hahaha
Old 11-15-2007, 07:34 PM

Yeah raise more PF. And you could've gotten away and saved a lot of money by just checking behind him on the river. If he's going to call the t880 on the river, he's probably got you beat, so it's not a good bet.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's going to call the t880 on the river, he's probably got you beat, so it's not a good bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're told it's a micro, and it's blind v blind. This isn't necessarily true.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:30 PM

cb river, villain has a str8.
seriously, in a micro any random q calls the river.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:52 PM

I agree that any queen would probably call the river bet. But my reasoning is that he probably didn't have a queen, because of the way he played it. Checking the flop, turn and the river with top pair, in a micro? Would anyone ever play it that way? It just seems weird.

It would make more sense that he had middle pair, or a drawing hand, or possibly an absolute monster like a flopped 2 pair. I think top pair was one of his least likely holdings, based on the way the villain played it.

If the villain had a pair of nines or lower, he would probably fold on the river, getting less than 2:1 on his money. That's why I don't see the river push being profitable. If either player's stack was a bit smaller, the push would certainly be the right move. But in this situation I like to just check. Just my opinion.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:29 AM

ty for responses guys. Look forward to posting here more.