Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 01:56 PM

Default List of Poker Software

Hi,

I think we can all benefit a lot from having here a list of software.

We would not have to dig into the the threads or the Internet to find some software that does a certain function. We also could compare different softwares easily, for example, what calculators does have feaures X, Y and Z? Or, we've seen this huge new post of HoldemManager with over 147 pages of posts, wouldn't it be better to have the features listed all together in order to be able to compare them more easily with Poker Tracker?

Another possibility is that as a lot of the commercial software do have in place Affiliate programs in order to get leads and they share the revenue with the Affiliates, we could also get the manufacturers of the software to substitute the affiliate commision for a discount or a rebate to the 2+2 user that buys that software.

So as I think this will be a huge plus for all of us. I've stared with the list of PokerStars allowed and forbidden software, that you will find at the end of the post.

My current list has the following fields for now:
Name (including the link to the proper site)
Version (including the link to the page where you find the number of the latest version)
Very Popular (is this a 2+2 very popular software? We should think how to decide this, perhaps a solution would be appointing 10 respected 2+2ers to decide).
Games (Holdem, Omaha, Omaha Hi/Lo, Draw and so on)
Description (the description should be substituted for a list of features). For examplefor calculators On could mean reads the cards Online, Ra could mean supports hand Ranges, and T% could mean supports to specify Top X% of the hands.
Price (including the link to the price)
Required software (for example, PokerAce Hud requires PokerTracker. In this list I see now point in adding requirements like .NET version 2.0, only the commercial software that is required).
PokerStars status (allowed, not allowed, ???)

How can you contribute? First, we need to discuss the format of the list. I think the list should be divided in different categories of software (Tracker, HUD, Calculator, Buddy Finders, and so on). In this way we can have all of the same category together with their proper features.

Second, we need to identify a decent list of features to list on each category.

Third, you can also help once the features have been identified by analizing a certain software to be included on the list, putting all the information (including the links). Hopefully the manufacturers will help us later with their own products.

And last but not least, I'm sure more could be done and better but this is what came to my mind, so you can help with your own ideas.

The result should be a list of software with categories, features, links and why not discounts for 2+2ers.

There is a problem for a normal user like me to post HTML tables, now I have this as an HTML table. SamIam was intersted and was willing to put the table, but he was busy and I want to start this ASAP, so I'll put the list now with only the name, version, price and PokerStars status fields, and I've sent the list to SamIam so he can later put the HTML table on this post (including the links). Cutting and Pasting each single line so the link gets here is much work to do one by one, I have them on an HTML table, but first is more important to discuss the categories and features to properly define the list.

So that's enough, now start to think and help !!!

TIA & Regards ...

Name Last Version Price PokerStars
Calculatem Pro $99.95 Allowed
Coach Rounder $99.95 Allowed
Draw Poker Source $39.99 or 79.99 Allowed
GameTime+ 1.4.7 FREE Allowed
Holdem Genius $99.85 Allowed
Holdem Indicator $79.95 Allowed
Holdem Manager 0.35 BETA version Allowed
Holdem Partner FREE Allowed
PokerHound 3 $59.00 Allowed
Omaha Poker Coach 1.15 $ 45 Allowed
Poker-Pal 5.466 Unknown Allowed
Poker Academy Prospector $ 59 Allowed
PokerAce HUD 1.18 $ 25 Allowed
Pokerbility $99.95 Allowed
Poker Buddy 2004.12.25.59 $30 or 50 Allowed
Poker Indicator 1.9.8 $59.95 Allowed
PokerOffice 2.32 $ 79 Allowed
Poker Sharpener 1.1.2 $ 69 Allowed
Poker Sidekick $59.95 Allowed
Poker-Spy 2.32.07 $69.95 Allowed
PokerStat 2.2.5.2 Shareware Allowed
Poker Tracker $55 / 100 / 144 Allowed
PokerVitals 2.0 $34.95 Allowed
PokerWeapon $24.99 Allowed
Poker Wingman FREE Allowed
Poker Wingman Pro $39.99 Allowed
Sit and Go End Game Tools 23 $0 / $50 / $100 Allowed
Sixth Sense 1.0.0.57 Monthly $15 / $30 / $45 Allowed
SmartBuddy $49.99 / year Allowed
Sit-n-Go Power Tools 1.20 $ 79 Allowed
Spade ICM Allowed
STT Analyzer 0.5 FREE Allowed
Stud Inspector 1.24 $ 59 Allowed
Telescope 1.04 $ 40 Allowed
Texas Calculatem $69.95 Allowed
ThePokerDB FREE Allowed
Tournament Indicator $89.95 Allowed
Advanced Poker Calculator 4 FREE Prohibited
Gambot Prohibited
Holdem Hawk $ 97 Prohibited
Holdem Pirate (seems to be Holdem Hawk) Prohibited
Online Holdem Inspector 2.39d4 Prohibited
Magic Holdem $69.90 Prohibited
MandraKER Prohibited
Poker Android 1.1.0 $69.99 Prohibited
Poker Bot+ (Poker Bot Plus) 5.0.26 $59.95 to $229.95 Prohibited
Poker-Edge $9.95 to $19.95 per month Prohibited
Online Poker Inspector Prohibited
Poker Prophecy 12.5.15 $39.99 Prohibited
Poker Sherlock $12.50 per month Prohibited
Poker Table Manager $36.99 Prohibited
SharkScope $8.99 or $14.99 per month Prohibited (pending)
Sit'n'Go Brain 1.2 EUR 29 Prohibited
SpadeEye $ 40 Prohibited
Stars Hand History Prohibited
StarSpy (discontinued, does not work any more) Prohibited
TheCashDB Prohibited
WinHoldem 2007-Sep-12 22:33:50 - Release notes $50, $100 or $200 Prohibited
Old 10-13-2007, 02:31 PM

Default Re: List of Poker Software

didnt realize how much there was, all I want is a Stars version of MTH with most weight on a SNG opener and auto timebank feature [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
didnt realize how much there was, all I want is a Stars version of MTH with most weight on a SNG opener and auto timebank feature [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, how about you taking care of the defining the features for the category Multitabling, and adding the features of MTH and the ones you want? Some point in the future someone will jump and add the app you want if it does not exist.

Now we still are on the building stage of the list.

Regards ...
Old 10-13-2007, 02:46 PM

Nice idea.

Add sharkserv to that list.

SharkServ 1.2 free Awaiting reply for inclusion

I'm not sure about the popularity field, as it doesn't seem particularly dynamic. Perhaps a user rating instead, ie so you can give a thumbs up or thumbs down and have the rating automatically worked out from this.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice idea.

Add sharkserv to that list.

SharkServ 1.2 free Awaiting reply for inclusion

I'm not sure about the popularity field, as it doesn't seem particularly dynamic. Perhaps a user rating instead, ie so you can give a thumbs up or thumbs down and have the rating automatically worked out from this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've added it to my HTML table, when SamIam jumps in it should be there. What games does it support?

How about you suggesting features for the category "Trackers"? I think it belongs to this category.

TIA & Regards ...
Old 10-13-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I've added it to my HTML table, when SamIam jumps in it should be there. What games does it support?

[/ QUOTE ]

Supports all games, levels, limits, buyins etc, across 65 poker sites!

[ QUOTE ]

How about you suggesting features for the category "Trackers"? I think it belongs to this category.

TIA & Regards ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I've had a go, feel free to modify it/extrapolate on it...

In addition to the standard columns...

Session Tracking (yes/no)
Opponent Tracking (yes/no)
Opponent Overlays ie Hud (yes/no)
Hand Tracking (yes/no)
Automatic updating (yes/no)
# Games Supported (x)
Support for cah games (yes/no)
Support for sit n go's (yes/no)
Support for tournaments (yes/no)
Software Type (ie web/download)
Hand Replayer (yes/no)
Hand Uploads (yes/no)
Add-ons (x)

I think this has the major features covered.

btw, are you thinking about having it as a thread on this website or as a standalone project/website? Something like www.pokersoftware.org (although not this one specifically) would be good if there were lots of people willing to contribute.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:10 PM

By type of games I meant Holdem, Omaha, Omaha Hi/Lo, Draw, 2-7 Lowball Triple Draw and so on.

I think it can be stickied in here at 2+2, and I hope both users and software manufacturers will help to maintain the list updated.

Regards ...
Old 10-13-2007, 06:16 PM

Here is an example of what I want to do (without the links that are a burden to be cut & paste one by one), with the category "Hole Cards Analyzers".

Without HTML tables it looks awfull as hell. SamIam !!!!!!!!! Help !!!!!!!!!!!!

Name Last Version Category Internet Access Free Demo Popular Poker Game Price Required Software PokerStars Features
Holdem Indicator 1.3.3 Hole Cards Analyzers YES YES Holdem $79.95 NONE Allowed Real Time Analysis,Pre Flop EV,???,Hand Group,NO Hole Cards Ranking,Position,Outs,Win Odds,Pot Odds,Odds to make each type of hand,Opponent Mucked Hand
Holdem Partner 2.0 Hole Cards Analyzers ??? YES Holdem FREE NONE Allowed NO Real Time Analysis,NO Pre Flop EV,Pre Flop Odds,NO Hand Group,Hole Cards Ranking,NO Position,Outs,NO Win Odds,NO Pot Odds,NO Odds to make each type of hand,NO Opponent Mucked Hand
Pokerbility 1.10.20 Hole Cards Analyzers YES YES Holdem $99.95 NONE Allowed Real Time Analysis,???,???,???,???,???,???,???,???,Odds to make each type of hand,???
Old 10-13-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

SpadeEye $ 40 Prohibited

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is incorrect.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:00 PM

You will not get any nasty Popups when using SpadeEye while playing on PokerStars, although it is on the prohibited list.
I have worked all out with the PokerStars gaming commission.
Many people are using SpadeEye while playing on PokerStars, including myself, without problems. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It is on the prohibited list, in cause of an old SpadeEye test version which supported PokerStars, but has never been released.
It has never been released because i cooperate with the PokerStars gaming commission and they told me, they don't like my "old" approach.
My new approach, named "Telescope" is, as you can see officially allowed by PokerStars.