Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 06:38 PM

Default 15k gtd on FT: AQ, two barrel semibluff?

I'm new to the table, and I don't recognize villain. Is this a good spot to be aggro or just spewy?

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t40 (9 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Hero (t3385)
UTG (t5776)
UTG+1 (t3652)
MP1 (t540)
MP2 (t2504)
MP3 (t1854)
CO (t4364)
Button (t1570)
SB (t1263)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to t140</font>, CO calls t140, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t600</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls t460.

Flop: (t1360) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t800</font>, CO calls t800.

Turn: (t2960) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t1985 (All-In)</font>
Old 10-11-2007, 07:13 PM

Default Re: 15k gtd on FT: AQ, two barrel semibluff?

What do you put CO on? My guess is like 88-JJ, and I don't think he folds that on the turn often after making it this far with it.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:49 PM

chip...he raised 3.5X and called your 15 X raise pre...what do you think he has? Alo raise pre seems wayyyy too much...in fact in BB I would either just call or fold here...why build a monstr pot with AQ OOP? Once you did that I like the flop bet but that's all she wrote...villan calls 1400 I don't think they will fold anywhere down the line...just dont see the point in such an aggressive move without reads and this early
Old 10-11-2007, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
chip...he raised 3.5X and called your 15 X raise pre...what do you think he has? Alo raise pre seems wayyyy too much...in fact in BB I would either just call or fold here...why build a monstr pot with AQ OOP? Once you did that I like the flop bet but that's all she wrote...villan calls 1400 I don't think they will fold anywhere down the line...just dont see the point in such an aggressive move without reads and this early

[/ QUOTE ]

Think we are on same wave lengths today ssync, I am too tired to right something as good as you wrote so I will just continue to quote you. I think calling is a good move as well. I have also found that flops like those are absolutly terrible to c-bet, people are floating you and you are never getting a pair to fold. I like to check it, and if I hit an A on the turn barring no outstanding draws, check/call turn and lead river, making it look like a bluff. As ssync said preflop raise is way too much, calling is better. Flop and turn are spewing.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Think we are on same wave lengths today ssync, I am too tired to right something as good as you wrote so I will just continue to quote you. I think calling is a good move as well. I have also found that flops like those are absolutly terrible to c-bet, people are floating you and you are never getting a pair to fold. I like to check it, and if I hit an A on the turn barring no outstanding draws, check/call turn and lead river, making it look like a bluff. As ssync said preflop raise is way too much, calling is better. Flop and turn are spewing.

[/ QUOTE ]

coz...thanks for the vote of confidence...worst part is I'm seeing the game as well as ever (I hope) but hit a brick wall when actually playing...I tend to review my hands pretty closely and I think I'm playing the same as when I am winning so the mighty bitch variance has decided to come after me...

Taking the weekend off which is hard for an addict like me so my jones is coming through the forum!!!
Old 10-11-2007, 09:20 PM

Dont' like it....call preflop, c/f flop
Old 10-11-2007, 09:33 PM

If you're going to squeeze here, make it 900 pre and open-shove any flop.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

erc...I don't like it...why do we assume the OR has nothing? At this level why are we looking to play a monster pot OOP with AQ off with no reads and possibly two pairs out there who could get stubborn...seems overly fancy for the sake of being fancy...900 bet to win the measley 300 in the pot is spew IMO...finally if we raise to 900 are we folding to a push??
Old 10-11-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

erc...I don't like it...why do we assume the OR has nothing? At this level why are we looking to play a monster pot OOP with AQ off with no reads and possibly two pairs out there who could get stubborn...seems overly fancy for the sake of being fancy...900 bet to win the measley 300 in the pot is spew IMO...finally if we raise to 900 are we folding to a push??

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't really advocating a squeeze here...that depends on reads/your image and other stuff that wasn't mentioned by OP...i was just saying that 3-betting to only 600 is not the way to play AQ OOP. FWIW, unless MP/OR is really tight, we are ahead of his opening range. I'd have to reference the OP to see what odds we would be getting if he shoves.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't really advocating a squeeze here...that depends on reads/your image and other stuff that wasn't mentioned by OP...i was just saying that 3-betting to only 600 is not the way to play AQ OOP. FWIW, unless MP/OR is really tight, we are ahead of his opening range. I'd have to reference the OP to see what odds we would be getting if he shoves.

[/ QUOTE ]

erc...may bad if a bit strong...I guess my real point is why squeeze with an ok hand with no real gain...blinds are tiny and too early for detailed reads...If we raise to 600 (which again I don't like at all) we can fold to a push...if we go 900 we have to do more math than we should have to in this spot...Also if we are cold called on either are we going to the mat with an A high or Q high flop? I think we have too and I don't figure we are ahead enough