Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 11:07 AM

Default image concepts

you are UTG. MP is 16/12/5, CO is 22/18/3, button is 21/5/1.5, SB is 31/19/4 and BB is 68/3/0.6. every one has 100BB stacks

you raised the last 3 hands with good hands (big pairs, AK etc) and won 2 preflop and 1 with a Cbet.

you have been playing your average TAG game 20/16/3 or something similar.

you pick up:

A)22
B)JJ
c)AQo
D)KQs

how do you play each of these hands?

raise, limp or fold...

if you get 3bet, what is your plan for the rest of the hand against each of the 5 opponents?

don't bother posting if you are gonna clog up the thread with just

A)raise
B)fold
etc

and no other comment. i want a more detailed post especially in regard to getting 3bet

feel free to not answer the question and instead argue with someone's choices...
Old 10-11-2007, 11:19 AM

Default Re: image concepts

i'll start.

A) i'll muck the 22's here. i can't really call a 3bet and someone may well 3bet if i raise. if i get a caller, they are gonna be more prone to play back at me, so i can't even see a Cbet working too well. obviously i can win a big pot if i hit my set, but it is unlikely.

B)i'm raising this up. if MP 3bets me i'll probably call and proceed with caution. this is the toughest spot really.

i'm gonna 4bet the CO and SB if they 3bet me. just a small one. and i am definitely calling a shove from the 31/19, and probably from the CO as well. if button or BB raise me up i'll call only if they make it really small, as they are prone to do. i will then set mine or try to get to showdown cheap. if i had a hand any bigger than JJ i would flat call the 3bet and c/r AI on any flop (or raise AI on any flop) but JJ is tricky because an A,K or Q is gonna pop up alot

c) i'll raise the AQo and fold if nit 3bets me, 4bet/fold or call against the CO depending how i feel, probably 50/50, 4bet/call shove against the LAG and fold if the other 2 4bet me.

D) i'm folding this at least 50% of the time here. if i do raise, i muck if the nit, fish, or 21/5 3bet me, and calling a CO or BB bet, planning on going with the hand if i flop a draw or pair