Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 09:26 AM

Default Need Help

Alright so I've been playing online for the last two months or so. In that time I've changed and grown a lot as a player. But for some reason I still cannot consistently win. I have tried to figure out where me leaks are but cannot. I play about 20/19 and thats over about 2500 hands. I was wondering if anybody can help me figure out what I need to change or give advice on starting over and what to learn.

I think that starting from the begining and maybe reading some books might be best. I had some bad habits that I thought I broke but I guess not. What do I need to learn if I was relearning how to play like I had never played before? Where do I start? I appreciate all your guys help.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:31 AM

Default Re: Need Help

I hope that you have your flame proof underwear on because it is going to get hot in here.

1. 2,500 hands is a day for many. It doesn't say anything about win-rate. I don't want to get into a sample size arguement here, but 100,000 hands begins to get towards true winrate.
2. The fact that you are worried about 2,500 hands leads me to believe that you are new to poker. What level do you play. Start at 10NL and work your way up.
3. Post hands you are not sure about.
4. Reply to hands that interest you.
5. Unless you are playing 100NL this should be in the micros.
6. It is OK to call pre-flop occassionally

Good Luck
SMS