Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 06:24 AM

Default NL50: Tilt influence in two big pots?

So, shortly after getting sucked out for a mayor pot yesterday (about 260BB, getting it in with AA vs KK PF but of course losing), these two hands arised , both pretty much at the same time at two different tables.
Normally I would say that tilting is not really a thing I have trouble with but during my session review, I wondered if I played these two hands worse than I would have played them without that big suckout prior to them.
Would be nice if you could take a look over the hands and tell me if I played them bad or standard and if you think I might have been tilting a little (or heavily, whatever you think)! Thank you very much!
I' m running at 15,17/9,11 at these tables.

Villain is 17/8.6/0.97 over 162. Not especially good or bad, average I'd say, but a little more on the passive side PF.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $95.65
UTG+1: $54.75
UTG+2: $11.45
MP1: $45.60
MP2: $49.50
Hero (CO): $80.55
BTN: $60.80
SB: $49.50
BB: $49.25

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
3 folds, MP1 calls $0.50, MP2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, BTN calls $2.50, 2 folds, MP1 calls $2

Flop: ($8.25) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">MP1 bets $8.25</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $17</font>, BTN folds, MP1 calls $8.75

Turn: ($42.25) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP1 bets $26.10 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $26.10

River: ($94.45) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Villain is 60/14/.98 over only 71 hands so far and seems to be really bad! Far too loose and his post flop play seems to have lots of leaks.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 7 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $38.95
Hero (UTG): $48.65
UTG+1: $43.25
MP: $48.70
CO: $19.30
BTN: $50.70
SB: $18.20

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, 5 folds, BB calls $1.75

Flop: ($4.75) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $4.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $12</font>, BB calls $7.25

Turn: ($28.75) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $0.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $30.25</font>, BB calls $24.20 and is All-In

River: ($78.15) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)
Old 10-09-2007, 07:26 AM

Default Re: NL50: Tilt influence in two big pots?

Hand 1
Im tempted to just call the flop for pot control. Im only raising if I want to get it in, and Im not sure this is a spot to commit (given that he looks solid/passive).
If he has a set we are making life easy for him, although I suppose we want value from a jack.
As played on the river the combination of pot odds and the fact that AA/KK should have 3-bet PF swing me to a crying call.

Hand 2
TPTK vs Donk - I plan my hand around commitment.
I think its well played, he has a weak K or a draw often enough to make up for the sets and suckouts.

Since your posting it the donk obv had the set - Dats No Limit Baby!!

Edit - To answer your question I think its easier to call/check behind with an overpair when you are not steaming (been there!!)
Hand 2 I play the same even if Im sedated heavily.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Since your posting it the donk obv had the set - Dats No Limit Baby!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the set, but I know what you mean. Thanks so far SoundedSimple, I'll wait for some more comments and maybe post rsults if there is any interest..
Old 10-09-2007, 08:30 AM

These situations/hands are big problems for me too. Dont get my advices as pure gold. Correct me if I am lost.

Hand 1
Raise more flop and commit self. If he really had a set, I would pay him off but I have seen tons of donks doing this with any draw, TP (AJ, KJ, QJ).

Hand 2
I dont know. I would raise more flop and probably shove turn.

PS! These bets sucks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Especially Hand2, turn donk_min_bet.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1
Raise more flop and commit self. If he really had a set, I would pay him off but I have seen tons of donks doing this with any draw, TP (AJ, KJ, QJ).

[/ QUOTE ]
I woulnt say the villans stats indicate that he is donkish - although stats can be deceptive.
One thing that stands out is that his AF is low and he is getting excited about something here.