Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 03:37 PM

Default Another weak turn situation

I doubt this guy will try another c/r with anything I can beat so why don't I bet? Do I think he might fold if I bet but maybe try to bluff on the river? I don't know.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Another weak turn situation

if he won't c/r with anything you beat, bet and fold to a raise. this way you extract extra value from worse pairs
Old 10-07-2007, 10:27 PM

isnt it better to call his flop c/r und raise the turn?
Old 10-07-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. First off Hero's hand is vulnerable to overcards. Secondly those same overcards plus some may shut down the BB so we miss our value raise. Waiting for the turn is better on very draw heavy flops where our opponent can have 8-15(or more) outs against us.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. First off Hero's hand is vulnerable to overcards. Secondly those same overcards plus some may shut down the BB so we miss our value raise. Waiting for the turn is better on very draw heavy flops where our opponent can have 8-15(or more) outs against us.

[/ QUOTE ]

false

call flop, raise turn, call down.

on that particular turn card, I'm not raising, just calling down.

The guy c/r a 743 flop when we have TT, and it's heads up when we call the flop c/r. What overcards, exactly, are you worried about here?

Your post is retarded.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:41 AM

any broadway turn card can freeze villain up and make him c/c down, or scare him enough to not show down his small pair

vs a villain who is going to wimp out on overcard turns I think that fastplaying from the flop is the better play
Old 10-08-2007, 07:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

false

The guy c/r a 743 flop when we have TT, and it's heads up when we call the flop c/r. What overcards, exactly, are you worried about here?

Your post is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hip, you have no idea what this player raised that flop with so disregarding overcards is foolish. As has been mentioned many turn cards will freeze up not only villain but also Hero. You already said you now wouldn't raise the turn on that card. What about when the board pairs another card will that one freeze you up. How about and Ace, still feel good about raising the turn when villain still leads out.

I notice several of your replies end with the same retarded remark and I'm getting tired of it. Especially from a guy whose responses are mediocre at best. If you have some built up aggression issues that stem back to your daddy fondling you as a little boy, or maybe he still is, you may want to talk to somebody about that.

I'll apologize to the moderators now for that last remark, but I think it's time Hip's remarks be addressed. They do nothing to improve this forum.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if he won't c/r with anything you beat, bet and fold to a raise. this way you extract extra value from worse pairs

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. If you know he wont raise without the goods this hand really is as simple as they come.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

QFT. If you know he wont raise without the goods this hand really is as simple as they come.

[/ QUOTE ]
I said I doubt he will. If I knew for sure I wouldn't have posted the hand. Maybe I should've been more specific?

How do you play this against an unknown?
Old 10-08-2007, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

false

Your post is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hip, you have no idea what this player raised that flop with so disregarding overcards is foolish. As has been mentioned many turn cards will freeze up not only villain but also Hero. You already said you now wouldn't raise the turn on that card. What about when the board pairs another card will that one freeze you up. How about and Ace, still feel good about raising the turn when villain still leads out.

I notice several of your replies end with the same retarded remark and I'm getting tired of it. Especially from a guy whose responses are mediocre at best. If you have some built up aggression issues that stem back to your daddy fondling you as a little boy, or maybe he still is, you may want to talk to somebody about that.

I'll apologize to the moderators now for that last remark, but I think it's time Hip's remarks be addressed. They do nothing to improve this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm raising the turn if it's not a :

if the turn isn't a 7, 6, 5

I'm raising every other turn card.

Your comment about overcards is retarded. Are you implying he c/r the flop with KQ, and we shouldn't wait until the turn because he might hit that K?

He is going to have a pair + another card, or two pair most of the time. That leaves 1 pair, and one over sometimes.

I just think worrying about an overcard hitting is pointless.

And no, if a Q hits the turn, this guy is not checking 76. He is bet/calling like its his job.

I call ppl retarded when they say retarded things.