Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 11:44 PM

Default sigh misclick then flop pair

Villain is not very good IMO. I thought my hand was sooted because I was doing too much at one time. We're just calling down?

PokerStars 15/30 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.66 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>
Old 10-03-2007, 11:56 PM

Default Re: sigh misclick then flop pair

I'd call the flop and play it passive. K or Q are obviously bad cards and I'm usually not calling 3 barrels if one falls.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:23 AM

Yeah call down vs most, but prepare to be v towned...

JT
Old 10-04-2007, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah call down vs most, but prepare to be v towned...

JT

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-04-2007, 01:39 AM

why are you posting hands where you misclicked? I hope this doesnt happen often enough that you feel a need to improve your post flop, post mis-click skills...
Old 10-04-2007, 01:55 AM

I misclick pretty rarely but tonight I was sitting 3 15/30 tables while reading crap on 2+2 and trying to decide whether I wanted to keep playing the 30 Stud 8 and Razz games I was sitting in and sweating 1/2 Stud 8 to see if it was worth playing. Basically I was setting myself up to do some retarded stuff and of course I did some retarded stuff.

The misclick isn't really that important anyway because I could have easily been in this spot if my hand was sooted as I thought it was.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:19 AM

ok, well, i agree with what those others posters say too

in these spots, I just hope i have him reverse domniated and start calling
Old 10-04-2007, 08:36 AM

I think this is a great board to raise now and save bets when you're behind. There's no need to get to showdown if you get any further action after you raise flop.

-DeathDonkey
Old 10-04-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a great board to raise now and save bets when you're behind. There's no need to get to showdown if you get any further action after you raise flop.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Death Donkey,
It's a great point about the dryness of the board, but if you raise the flop and are 3-bet, you will be getting nearly 9:1 on the turn. So will you peel turn and fold river UI? Actually seems like it could be a great line here.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a enough crazy players in the 15/30 games on pokerstars that I wouldn't want to fold this in a capped pot without a read.

The way to play this totally depends on the player, since your equity is pretty close to borderline for a raise.
In these situations I let things like metagame and previous hands dictate my action normally..

Without information, I like to raise, because I think I get the most action when an ace pops up by raising early (call downs from PP who dont put us on an ace and many bets from AK/AQ who believed theyve improved).

However against a spew monkey, id be more inclined to call and raise when improved.
The reason being is, I expect spew monkeys to go 3-bets with AK on the big steets (u take em to 4 town), never fold a pocket pair, and spew mentally if you hit trip 6's, thinking your trying to bluff the card.

I also expect them to cap way lighter PF, and have a wider range to bluff 3-barrel with.