Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 08:05 AM

Default A few newbie limit questions

hey everyone,

i am usually a nl player by trade, however i used to dabble in online 6max limit and recently when the nl games at party have been crap ive been having a crack at 5/10 and 10/20 6max limit. from what ive seen the games seem pretty damn soft but im very rusty so i cant be sure just yet.

a few questions, sorry if this doesnt seem to warrant its own thread, but i couldnt find any type of monthly general discussion thread in this forum to put this in:
- im looking to find some PT stats of some of the big winners in midstakes limit. can anyone direct me to them as i would like to see how my stats match up. i have a few reservations about my stats and would like to just be able to check them out against some good players.
- also, i hate asking this coz i always rip on ppl for starting winrate threads in MSNL and SSNL, but what is considered a good sustainable winrate at these limits in todays games? just an approximation is fine.
also if im looking in the wrong places please let me know where i should be looking.

any help with this is much appreciated. im really psyched about getting back into limit so i dont have to always be playing the same game. ill prob post a stat checkup at the end of the month to hopefully get some feedback.

cheers guys [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2007, 08:28 AM

Default Re: A few newbie limit questions

I am a reg in the party midstakes 5/10 through 15/30.

A strong player should be able to make between 2 and 2.5 BB/100 there IMO. I think Solid_p posted a winrate much like that playing 5/10 to 15/30 in another thread recently. If Solid_p is who I think he is, he is IMHO by far the best player in party 10/20 and 15/30 games.

A strong but not exceptional player should be making between 1.5 and 2 BB/100.

If you are a mediocre TAG without good table/seat selection I doubt you are beating the games by much.

Oh, and optimal preflop stats are obviously 33.34/22.97
Old 10-03-2007, 09:25 AM

I think 1.5BB/100 is great without avid seat selection. Imo its a lot more probable that people winning more are running well than that they are that good.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think 1.5BB/100 is great without avid seat selection. Imo its a lot more probable that people winning more are running well than that they are that good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. But Solid_p's stats were over a significant sample size.

If you are really strong and seat/table select well it should be possible to break 2BB/100 IMO.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:23 AM

Solid_P is the best player at those stakes by a mile IMO. He is the only player I would purposely avoid. He is also my friend/coach so I have to say that!

Im at about 1.5/100 over my last 200K hands at 5/10 and 10/20 (and a small amount of 15/30) and I make so many mistakes it's not funny. I play about 30.5/20.5

Like S_P I defend a ridiculous amount. I only fold my BB about 35% (He is 37). I go to showdown 38 and win 54. My total agg is about 1.75 which is MUCH less than S_P.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:23 AM

thx heaps for the help so far guys. good to hear there's still money to be made in good ol' limit [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a reg in the party midstakes 5/10 through 15/30.

If Solid_p is who I think he is, he is IMHO by far the best player in party 10/20 and 15/30 games.

[/ QUOTE ]

PM guess please!

[ QUOTE ]

He is also my friend/coach so I have to say that!

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol! I owe you a beer for that speach!