Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 10:25 AM

Default so basically you think i am a little girl? ub200 2pr gets river c/r\'ed

reads on sb are included. we did play us the first time, i run a taggish 19/16 style. nothing fancy going on.

Ultimate Bet - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $198.00
BB: $416.70
UTG: $242.95
MP: $97.75
Hero (CO): $312.35
BTN: $301.70

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $2.00, MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $9.00</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $8.00, BB folds, UTG calls $7.00

Flop: ($29) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks

<font color="blue">SB here seems to be LAG. I dont have much of a read on him as we only played like 50 hands together, but he runs like 28/22 and already raised 2 contibets within these 50 hands. I assume he is very aggressive, I dont know how good he is though. So I decide not to cbet here, even if I propably should protect my weak holding against the 10 billion outs there, but I dont want to get raised out of the hand. So I check behind and hope for a safe turn to continue on.</font>

Turn: ($29) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $20.00</font>, SB calls $20.00, UTG folds

<font color="blue"> Nice turn. I’m not very concerned of the possible Flush that could have hit, as I can not imagine one of them might check it to me after the flop went check check check. I think I got the best hand and bet it for both value and protection. </font>

River: ($69) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $42.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises all-in to $169.00</font>, Hero [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

<font color="blue"> The Ten seems like a scarecard, but i dont think it completed any draw he might have c/c-ed on the turn, so I bet for value again. It should not be too easy for him to put me on a hand, and he might look me up with a lot of weaker holdings, as i could bet a busted draw like that. When he pushes, I am lost in deep leveling. </font>
Old 10-03-2007, 10:28 AM

Default Re: so basically you think i am a little girl? ub200 2pr gets river c/r\'ed

I think I just bet the flop. Have you seen him raising c-bets 3-ways? Anyways i thin bet/folding flop is best given your small sample of SB.

I like the rest. Fold the river.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:37 AM

Default Re: so basically you think i am a little girl? ub200 2pr gets river c/r\'ed

river is a fold, y not bet flop here??
Old 10-03-2007, 10:42 AM

I sometimes check this behind on the flop when its HU, 3handed however, I think you gotta bet this.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:14 PM

Default Re: so basically you think i am a little girl? ub200 2pr gets river c/

i agree b/f flop propably is a better line here. Just saw him c/r so many weak draws here that i did not want to have to fold to (though giving them a freecard might not be much smarter).

For those who say fold river, what do you put him on? I only got to be good 1/3 of the time to make the call +ev. I can hardly call with any hand i represent here and he's a player who i think is capable of exploiting this fact with a river c/push bluff. That said, I wonder which hands he could have that make sense.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:20 PM

Default Re: so basically you think i am a little girl? ub200 2pr gets river c/

Fold the river.

You'll see a slowplayed flush, a rivered straight, higher two pair a TON here.

Frankly your hand is a bluff catcher besides beating Q10.

Oh and after taking the lead preflop I usually fire out a 2/3rds pot bet here and expect to take it down a lot.