Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Farming $T on PS

My BR is severly limited at the moment, after a bad run at the cash tables, and after getting beaten around, I decided to try my hand at tournaments. I was playing in the micro 1.10 tournies on PS, and placing well, and then I discovered a gold mine, a small one at least. The 2.20 sat to the 100k. The top 20% pays $11 spread across the board. All you have to do is place. To make matters even more lucrative, its a cakewalk. The players aren't that spectacular, but when the bubble rolls around, they get ULTRA tight, because there is NO incentive to risk your stack if you have already "qualified". Am I the only one out there who knows about this? They run a sat every hour, on the hour, so assuming I can win every hour, I make a profit of 8.80/hr, thats two 4.40/180 SNG's. Are there more lucrative sattelites that I could move up to when my $T BR is more stable?
Old 10-02-2007, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Farming $T on PS

I think those are good, but don't like the 6/36 $2.20 b/c I have to pay attention at the FT.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:26 PM

Honestly? You could prob make more with 3/45s.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They run a sat every hour, on the hour, so assuming I can win every hour

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously? LOL.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:31 PM

I was speaking hypothetically, however honestly placing in 2/3 is not unreasonable, with the proper playing strategy.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:41 PM

3/45? The only $3 tournies I see are Rebuys to the Warm-up/millions. Both of these kind of defeat the purpose, as you have to place very deep in relation to the entrants to actually win. The goal here is a relatively sustaniable income of $T on a small BR, therefore smaller more consistent profits.
The 4.40+R looks lucrative, It pays $55 $TD, smaller field even, however its turbo.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3/45? The only $3 tournies I see are Rebuys to the Warm-up/millions. Both of these kind of defeat the purpose, as you have to place very deep in relation to the entrants to actually win. The goal here is a relatively sustaniable income of $T on a small BR, therefore smaller more consistent profits.
The 4.40+R looks lucrative, It pays $55 $TD, smaller field even, however its turbo.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are SNGs.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My BR is severly limited at the moment, after a bad run at the cash tables, and after getting beaten around, I decided to try my hand at tournaments. I was playing in the micro 1.10 tournies on PS, and placing well, and then I discovered a gold mine, a small one at least. The 2.20 sat to the 100k. The top 20% pays $11 spread across the board. All you have to do is place. To make matters even more lucrative, its a cakewalk. The players aren't that spectacular, but when the bubble rolls around, they get ULTRA tight, because there is NO incentive to risk your stack if you have already "qualified". Am I the only one out there who knows about this? They run a sat every hour, on the hour, so assuming I can win every hour, I make a profit of 8.80/hr, thats two 4.40/180 SNG's. Are there more lucrative sattelites that I could move up to when my $T BR is more stable?

[/ QUOTE ]

And you plan on exploiting this tightness to build your massive stack right?