Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 09:18 PM

Default Saddam

I remember well in the 90's that Saddam had perhaps hundreds of look a likes or "doubles". You could tell many times on the news that the Saddam speaking was not the same Saddam each time.

Since his supposed "capture and death" what has happened to all these doubles? How do we know for certain that the real Saddam was the one caught, on trial, and hung? By letting the footage leak out of his hanging that creates solid proof in the herds mind that he died when if fact perhaps HE did not?

It makes far more sense that a man as smart and powerfully as himself could create an illusion by which he simply "disappears".

Of course we will never know, but I think the probability of such a thing happening in this situation was probably as high as 80% I'd be willing to bet.

Whatever they show us on the news is for a reason. The reason is never what we think it is.

So what happened to all these double Saddam's walking around? Why do we not hear anything about this?
Old 09-29-2007, 09:31 PM

Default Re: Saddam

[ QUOTE ]
Since his supposed "capture and death" what has happened to all these doubles?

[/ QUOTE ]

they had to get new jobs.

[ QUOTE ]
Of course we will never know, but I think the probability of such a thing happening in this situation was probably as high as 80% I'd be willing to bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

no way. i don't know exactly what lengths they went to in order to ID him, but i'm sure it went way beyond looking at him.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

no way. i don't know exactly what lengths they went to in order to ID him, but i'm sure it went way beyond looking at him.

[/ QUOTE ]

"No way" is ignorant imo to the power of media and propaganda. If it was a scheme, then identifying him as "the real Saddam" was simply a part of a well orchestrated illusion.

Maybe it did not happen but I think we should always question everything we are told so as to not be blindly believing things in which we personally can't prove.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe it did not happen but I think we should always question everything we are told so as to not be blindly believing things in which we personally can't prove.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's an applaudable stance but it is also very impractical.

There is a safey switch though, that I can only call 'auditing' since I lack the better word, largely independent observers whose job it is to make sure things go like they should.

This is why such independent observers are often sent into various countries to inspect political procedures, legal procedures, trade procedures etc. It is an ok mechanism and functions fairly well, which is why when such observers are denied access you have a real problem on your back and often causes quite the international crisis.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"No way" is ignorant imo to the power of media and propaganda. If it was a scheme, then identifying him as "the real Saddam" was simply a part of a well orchestrated illusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

what i meant was there's no way it's reasonable to think there's an 80% chance that saddam is a free man.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's a good idea to not "blindly" believe things, but you don't have to go nuts in the opposite direction. then you just look like an idiot (see: 9/11 truth).
Old 09-30-2007, 12:18 AM

Just had a "thought" (am halfway through "The Good Shepperd" ironically enough.) Push "pause" because if I didn't get it down here I'll forget lol.

My bet of 80% is naturally unfair I think. Perhaps the truth does lie in the middle and the odds are actually 50/50?

"Good/Evil"
"Win/Lose"

If my theory is correct which may or may not be true, then the true odds of Saddam being alive right now is at minimum 50/50...

Not as I first spewed "80/20"

Fair, is fair.

But 50/50 in this case is GIGANTIC.

The actual truth (which we certainly will never know) does exist however.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If my theory is correct which may or may not be true, then the true odds of Saddam being alive right now is at minimum 50/50...

Not as I first spewed "80/20"

[/ QUOTE ]
Did I miss the post where you actually presented a theory? Something beyond wild speculation about a "well-orchestrated illusion"?

So first you "spewed" 80/20 and now you're spewing 50/50. I can spew too. The answer is 1/99.

For what it's worth, this guy thinks you're right (photos of "Shaddam's" bad teeth prove it!!) and this guy says Saddam died of cancer in 1999!
Old 09-30-2007, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Did I miss the post where you actually presented a theory? Something beyond wild speculation about a "well-orchestrated illusion"?[ QUOTE ]

Yes, but only indirectly.

[ QUOTE ]
So first you "spewed" 80/20 and now you're spewing 50/50. I can spew too. The answer is 1/99.[ QUOTE ]

I personally think the truth here is 50/50

[ QUOTE ]
For what it's worth, this guy thinks you're right (photos of "Shaddam's" bad teeth prove it!!) and this guy says Saddam died of cancer in 1999![ QUOTE ]

The outcome is irrelevant in this case because if its true it will never be undone as the past does not exist.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:15 AM

Warning: Continuing on said thoughts might make you vanish in a poof of logic.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:43 AM

I think a truthful point was made.

I'll leave it at that.