Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 11:10 PM

Default EricW/ Dan Bright/ Big (Big) AL

Ryan/Mat,

Can somebody do some comparisons to verify that these are or are not the same people. Just looking at the most recent IPs, they're close (I banned the AL account anyway, it trolled BBV4L all day). If Eric really is Dan's account, and I'm not even sure why we unbanned Dan in the first place, I'd be more than interested in seeing all of them nuked.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:15 PM

Default Re: EricW/ Dan Bright/ Big (Big) AL

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be more than interested

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly is more than interested?
Old 09-26-2007, 11:17 PM

Who made the connection with DB and eric? FWIW ericw sucks bad as a poster but we shouldnt ban him for that.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:19 PM

actually I feel that way out of principle, but honestly his posts are like nails on a chalkboard to my mind. I would be very happy inside if he was banned.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:29 PM

They're both in Vancity right now, and Eric just kinda "feels" like Dan. I'm not positive he is, and until 15 minutes ago made it a point not to know. If it is Dan, I am annoyed by his line of reasoning in that ATF thread, because Dan is smart enough to damn well know that he's doing with that account.

I'm not really in any danger of banning Eric, I'd just like to see less threads that look like they were started by a 15 year old on the front page of BBV4L.

This is basically the [censored] I expected when I first took over. There's going to be a squabble with the kids (literally) in BBV4L while we/I make some attempt to change the tone. I'm surprised it took a few weeks for this to happen.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:31 PM

From what I know from OOT, aren't Dan Bright and EricW both from Canada?

Maybe it's just my "this is me, all 11,000 pathetic posts on an internet message board" mind frame, but I have a hard time imagining someone "creating" the poster EricW, someone who was also a regular contributor. That just seems super pathetic, not to mention a lot of work.

From what I remember of him in OOT, EricW was just a generally unsmart young kid. But if you're creating a troll account it seems weird to me to make mostly uninteresting posts for two years and then blow up in an "anything goes" forum. I think that forum just enabled him to expose his inner weirdo.

As for BIG BIG AL or whatever, unless they post spectactular content, anyone that registers and has 40+ posts within a day should be nuked without conscience. True noobies dip their foot in the pool before jumping in; anyone that aggressive is clearly an already existing or probably recently banned poster.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They're both in Vancity right now, and Eric just kinda "feels" like Dan. I'm not positive he is, and until 15 minutes ago made it a point not to know. If it is Dan, I am annoyed by his line of reasoning in that ATF thread, because Dan is smart enough to damn well know that he's doing with that account.

I'm not really in any danger of banning Eric, I'd just like to see less threads that look like they were started by a 15 year old on the front page of BBV4L.

This is basically the [censored] I expected when I first took over. There's going to be a squabble with the kids (literally) in BBV4L while we/I make some attempt to change the tone. I'm surprised it took a few weeks for this to happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the same hunch that he was Dan and asked Citanul. He says eric doesn't match anyone.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:50 PM

man if you guys want to ban ericw so bad just do it already and quit gossiping like a bunch of bitches
Old 09-26-2007, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
man if you guys want to ban ericw so bad just do it already and quit gossiping like a bunch of bitches

[/ QUOTE ]

NT for Mod.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have some questions about googling can you help me?