Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 04:27 AM

Default A guy at NL60 (deep) is killing it (like a uNL sbrugby) (Long, BTW)

So, I have been griding these stakes for a while. Mainly I play them b/c you can play deep. I play NL50 when no games are running, or I wanan switch it up. I also play NL320 (deep) occasionally (if its 6 handed, usually).

Anyway, this guy ______ is better than any opponent I have ever faced. I face alot of TAG/LAG players who play a style suitable for 10 tabling; not too much trickery. But not only is this guy grinding 8 tables, he is playing flawless, more or less, and tilting me real hard.

In fact, I am going to finally buy PT, just so I can dissect him.

Anyway, on to the strategy:

He is real effing aggressive post flop. And real solid TAG PF. I'm guessing his PFR is 17-19 or so, and he rarely smooth calls PF (and uber rarely IP). Now alot of his PFR comes from 3 betting; he will squeeze and 3 bet light vs players like me (w/ 17PFR).

Not only taht but he was raising my BB from SB like 50% of time when it was folded to him. And when I 3bet (light) he would 4 bet (twice), and fold (once) out of the 3x I 3b him.
The other 10 or so times, I was folding, or floating to flop. Now, I'm guessing his preflop play is standard for a good NL200 player, but down at uNL, I have never seen it; so its very difficult for me to process.

What do I do when I get 3bet in position? I have seen him 3 bet as light as A9, and KT (vs me I believe). I'm guessing he is 3 betting lighter though, just haven't seen the showdowns/forgot. Now IMO the frequency is more important than the range, I mean hell I can 3bet 46s OOP once in a blue moon, but I dont do it every 10 orbits.

Essentially b/c I am not competent enough to react, I am forced to tighten up an play like a weak bitch. And I know it is way more +EV to stand up to him, and try to push him around.

Post flop; he about outplays me as well (as well as anyone he faces, he made an insane snap call w/ like 2nd - 3rd pair for maybe 100bb, I was like WTF!). The only tie iv won a 400+ bb pot of him was when I had AA on a 66x board and he tried bluffing me w/ A9. That shows how aggressive he is capable of playing flops; pushing all in for 200bb w/ A9 high (I was so proud of inducing his bluff though, hurray!). So he is capable of anything if he feels it is the right play, and his reads are very, very good. He will float my cbets w/ 55 on a AQx board OOP and make plays on turn/rivers, thus making it very difficult to play against when I have like K high, or even a weak pair.

Also, I have been laying medium strength hands to him like TP2TK because he 3 barells lots of hands, and I just cant pull the trigger. Normally I play pretty aggressive, but he has really boxed me in and I am constantly reacting.

Well, there's my little rant. Hopefully some Mid limit players could shed some light on this villain, as I am sure you guys all play like him. I guess the good thing is, he will be moving up vary fast, as I am sure he rakes in at least 100$ a day.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:30 AM

Default Re: A guy at NL60 (deep) is killing it (like a uNL sbrugby) (Long, BTW

You and him play $50 NL and you think he's awesome cuz he makes $100 a day? lol
Old 09-28-2007, 04:31 AM

In hind sight, my post may look like he is a LAGtard, but he isnt; he stays in line, more or less, but thinks on a level that is ahead of the level good players at those stakes are thinking at.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:33 AM

lolol, its possible to make 50+ an hour at NL50, probably more in the deepstack games, depending on how soft they are. This is prob some nit who won't move up and enjoys crushing low limit games.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:33 AM

How big is his ding dong?
Old 09-28-2007, 04:34 AM

Why do you respond like that?^^^
Old 09-28-2007, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You and him play $50 NL and you think he's awesome cuz he makes $100 a day? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

no, I play him a little lower, .15-.30 blinds. I dont think he is good b/c of the amount he wins, its the way he plays.

Also, I never said 100/day is alot, I'm saying in the limited amount of time I have seen him play, his bb/100 is much higher than mine or any other good player at this level, and so he could be making like 50$ an hour. (and who plays less than 2hours a day?)
Old 09-28-2007, 04:37 AM

Dunno, just seems like he was ranting a little too much about how good this guy is for being a microstakes player :P

Btw, who is that chick in your avatar lol. Looks like a hottie.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:44 AM

it's retarded green tea girlie
Old 09-28-2007, 04:45 AM

its like how most ppl react to sbrugby/anyUHSP, I react to this guy [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] . He's just really effing good, and I cant beat him w/ my current poker knowledge, tahts all; I have never faced that before.

I have faced guys who I know are better than me, prolly many of them from here, but after time I settle in, and can stop the bleeding (minimize my -EV) and maybe over time get my self to 0EV, but here I just fail.
Closed Thread