Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 10:06 AM

Default Metaphors for Traders

I just found some excellent Metaphors for trading

and I thought some people here might be interested.

I spent the summer sailing in Malaysia and had to suspend my EOD trading due to lack of internet, warm sun, clear seas, and fair winds.

Here is my favourite quote from the link using sailing as a metaphor for trading:

[ QUOTE ]
I like to think of trading as sailing. Here you harness the forces that are there. You take into account the wind direction and velocity, the currents, and your destination. You've got your charts to guide you and you constantly adjust to nature's forces, sometimes pointing into the wind, sometimes running before the wind, sometimes tacking, but always in partnership with your boat, your crew, the wind, and the currents. Sure, storms can come up, but you can always let down the sail and anchor and wait out the storm. You work with the forces that are there, the forces that are much bigger than you, but you enjoy the journey, the day, the sport, and you're confident you can get to your destination, your port, your safe harbor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I should stop trying to beat the tide by beating to wind and just enjoy the overnight at anchor [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]