Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 11:32 AM

Default Vocabulary problem, obviously

Hi,

I often read in this very STT Strategy forum post that begin with things like that

both opponents <font color="red">20/10</font> over 60 some hands.
What does 20/10 mean ? Can you tell me more about those numbers ?
Old 09-27-2007, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Vocabulary problem, obviously

It's the VPIP and the PFR, which pokertracker calculates and pokerace beams on the table.
VPIP=voluntarely put in pot, how loose they limp and stuff.
PFR=preflop raise,which percentage of they hands they raise.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:40 AM

Thank you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Do those informations on players really give an edge in s&amp;g ? If they do, is buying pokertracker worth it for me ?I play 5 S&amp;G a day between 10$ and 20$.

Thank you
Old 09-27-2007, 11:47 AM

hey sence can u put up some vpip figures and interpretatons from these figures please [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Do those informations on players really give an edge in s&amp;g ? If they do, is buying pokertracker worth it for me ?I play 5 S&amp;G a day between 10$ and 20$.

Thank you

[/ QUOTE ]

i quess you dont multitable so making notes is much better than HUDs. but surely at some point you'll want to add tables and that's when these HUDs come into use. there are two good options - Poker Tracker and PokerOffice. Though you might want to wait untin rvg launches his Holdem Manager. See the software forum for more info on this subject.

ibl.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:05 PM

Once you hit the mid levels you can use stats to take advantage of poor players better.

ex- 50/100 level. A player who is 60/5 limps in mid position. You are on the button with a reasonable hand (suited connectors/1gappers, maybe A-x, pairs and high aces as well) and 11-15 BB. As long as one of the blinds isn't a maniac caller stick it all it. You will often find yourself 250 chips richer.

ex- A guy who's 35/25 raises to 3x from mid/late position. You have XX in SB/BB and have 12-20 BB. Stick it all in and expect to be 3 BB richer a good portion of time.

ex- 1 final stat I like to keep on my PA hud beside the trinity is attempted to steal. It helps determine if my opponent is positionally aware as well as there raise percentage in late position. Say I'm on the button and both blinds are 20/10. CO who is a multitabler with stats of 10/7 raises to 3x. His attempted to steal is 30%. Once again if I have 12-20 BB I stick it all in and expect to pick it up a large part of the time.
Closed Thread