Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2006, 10:04 AM

Default Party Poker Software

Been playing a few years online at various sites, and I finally made it to the 'party'. I think something is horribly wrong with the software. I am trying to 8 table, but they have the worst system ever for table notification. I get notified (forced to look at the table) when i get cards, when it's my turn, and a few other times. It's like jumping from table to table without even letting me make a choice. At PS and most other sites, you are notified only when it is your turn to act. Is there any way to turn all notifications off or something? I looked around through all the options and found nothing... I think I read somewhere that party recently updated software, is this the problem I'm having. Any help is appreciated, thanks...
Old 03-03-2006, 10:35 AM

Default Re: Party Poker Software

Download TweuakUI. Microsoft Open up the program, go to General -> Focus -> Click on Prevent applications from stealing focus. That should fix the problem.
Also, go to Mouse -> X-Mouse -> Activation follows mouse. This way you dont have to click multiple times on the table. (Not sure if the update fixed this or not but I still kept it this way.)
Old 03-03-2006, 11:52 AM

Thanks, but I have tweakui and have been using it for a few years already. I don't think my problem has anything to do with that. I noticed this session that it doesn't start off too bad, but after like 20-30 min., it is just jumping around like crazy. It gets so bad sometimes that I can hardly click check/call/fold on one table even though i have my mouse over the table selected, because it keeps trying to jump to other tables while i'm making my decision. I think if anything it has to do with the tables overlapping and that creating some kind of problem.... any other suggestions?
Old 03-03-2006, 12:36 PM

2001FP? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2006, 03:44 PM

You know you can resize each table so there is no overlap, right?
Old 03-03-2006, 05:51 PM

Yea, I have done the resizing and stuff and even used party planner. The software just doesn't seem to run so smoothly for me. It runs good for 200 hands or so, and then it just goes to crap like there's a memory leak and it's soaking up the RAM so the tables don't switch correctly.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:23 AM

The memory leak is within party. The new software seems like it was rushed into production. You might have to get more RAM or simply reduce tables until party figures out their stuff.

-eric
Old 03-04-2006, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know you can resize each table so there is no overlap, right?

[/ QUOTE ]Adding this in a thread asking for stability HELP is cruel. Do not shrink the sizes of the windows if you're already crashing. You aren't crashing because the tables overlap.
-Sam